254.6 KB · Views: 359
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Dove mooch. I love the colors in that material.

Just curious, how much did you have to give for it? I understand if you don't want to divulge the price, I was just wondering.

F

Flintfinder of Mo.

Wow Mooch, Killer Dove, No brainer point. Good buy. John

OP
OP
M

Mooch

Dec 14, 2008
There is no restoratoin on the piece, there are a couple of small nicks from being mishandled but nothing major.

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
dollarzero said:
Nobody can doubt authenticity
on that one!

Don't say that, I've seen points doctored to extents that you wouldn't believe. Regardless of the source, it pays to scrutinize points with a fine toothed comb.

Hippy

Dec 15, 2008
Great base on that one Mooch and some very nice colors in the material. Do you know what the material is by any chance? It looks like Mounds Gravel to me but I can't tell for sure. I'm going to be getting a killer axe on Friday from the finder's daughter. I'll be posting a few pics of it.

Hippy

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Great buy there Mooch! I hope to be getting a new artifact or two next week, and will post pics. even if they have already been posted, LOL!

badandy

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
That is a beautiful artifact Mooch. Good buy. Love the color.
Randy

Ohio_Doug

Dec 5, 2007
Southeast Ohio
Molly said:
Neanderthal said:
dollarzero said:
Nobody can doubt authenticity
on that one!

Don't say that, I've seen points doctored to extents that you wouldn't believe. Regardless of the source, it pays to scrutinize points with a fine toothed comb.

Precisely. I have got to the stage where I am wary of all artifacts(thats I haven't found). Never under estimate what these knappers these days can do. Mooch, you are lucky to have such a fine fine artifact.
Thanks for showing us.

Molly.

I'm the same way Molly, that's why I can never see myself buying an "artifact". If I don't find it myself then I don't want it in my collection, it just does'nt mean as much to me. That's just my personal preference and I have nothing against anyone who buys artifacts. But I must say that this dovetail looks authentic to me and I probably would have bought it if the price was right.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread