Discodial or not?

StevefromMissouri

Jun 26, 2008
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this out of a creek about 20 years ago. For along time, I thought it was just another grinder, but the more I study about discodials, I think this might be one. Please offer your opinions and information. Thanks!!!

FRONT
DSC01731.jpg

BACK
DSC01733.jpg

SIDE
DSC01732.jpg

SIDE ANGLE
DSC01734.jpg

Upvote 0

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa
I have been wondering the same thing about the more crude discodial shaped rocks. I figured grinders, but we have a few that roll pretty good. Seems like they liked their games, but I think there is usually a more practical use for a cruder made tool. :icon_scratch:

F

Flintfinder of Mo.

Hey Steve, Hows it going? Steve I have looked at it and looked at it. Its not a discodial in my opinion. It kinda resembles a biscut type discodial, but again I don't think it is. I find a lot of those ( like the one in your photo) and I think they are hammer stones. I have a bunch that even have a dimple in the side. I have only found one discodial in all my years of hunting. I remember looking down and seeing it lay in the dirt, and thinking oh my god. I thought discodials only existed in books, and shows. LOL I felt the same way when I found the slate gorget. Here's my one and only Discodial. John

Attachments

• some of my collection 017.JPG
    some of my collection 017.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 277

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions