Jacks reef corner notched points, backyard finds.

P

pickaway

Re: Jacks reef pentagonals, backyard finds.

Those are nice I agree I'd be diggin & siftn that area... :thumbsup:

S

seger98

How big of a garden did he make? 12 points and twice as many broken ones, wow... Nice!

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
his garden is actually not that big, but it is quite long. I'd say it's about 15, 20 yds x 40 yds. He lives 200 yards from a big river on a high spot with 3 springs. Ideal spot to say the least. This site has produced artifacts from paleo, archaic, and woodland periods, his collection is huge. thanks for the comments.

ink-a-alot

Dec 14, 2008
East Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thirty7 said:
his garden is actually not that big, but it is quite long. I'd say it's about 15, 20 yds x 40 yds. He lives 200 yards from a big river on a high spot with 3 springs. Ideal spot to say the least. This site has produced artifacts from paleo, archaic, and woodland periods, his collection is huge. thanks for the comments.
Sond's like he needs to plow him a bigger garden!

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some very nice Pentagonals. I think I would seriously think about either plowing up a bigger spot or start excavating as much of the are as possible if I owned.

Thanks for the pictures.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
He used to plow every year , and found many frames of points in that field. He's getting up there in age, and probably enjoying retirement too much to work the field. i'd work it if I had the time.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DorkFish said:
I'd ask him for permission to do some test digs there. Maybe a trench or two or four. lol

Those are beauties. I agree with everyone, I would be wanting to go out an be diggin' Think what else you could find.

Molly.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real nice Triangles. Wish i could find some whole.
Thanks for sharing.

Molly. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
I've only found a couple pottery fragments, an ancient bear tooth, and some beads, shell, bone and one looks like petrified wood.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions