why are these so crude??

ink-a-alot

Dec 14, 2008
East Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time i hunt this spot, all i find are crude point's or blanks.. I rarely find sherds, but when i do they have finger nail marks in them!
Could someone please explain why all the points that i find at that location are crude, and most of them look the same. like a gary point i think?? Im not sure about the round stones but i keep every thing i find if im not sure what it may have been used for,, or if it's just a rock. I found all this back in the spring on a real high bluff right obove a creek. there is nothing but flint chippings every where! all in the creek and when you dig thats all you find mostly besides the blanks.. I have only found one point that was imaculate at that spot, i dont know if it's from the same time or it was lost or shot. i also found alot of charcole down about 3 foot... I think they were just starting out learning how to make points. could be wrong.. this point is the best one that i have found there.. could yall tell me what kind it is? thanks. all of this came out of east texas

Attachments

• Picture 174 (2).jpg
    Picture 174 (2).jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 262
  • Picture 176 (2).jpg
    Picture 176 (2).jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 248
  • Picture 175 (2).jpg
    Picture 175 (2).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 247
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions