Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
S

seger98

pickaway

That is a great website you provided, I now have reading that I can do when I'm not around the interent, I downloaded 5 of the magazines to read, thanks for the link.

Chris

TripleCreek

Jan 27, 2009
Mid Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro- DeLeon
Snakeman,

Are you in western md ? What kind of pieces are you finding.

Here in central Maryland, it is 90% Rylite, and 10% Quarts, not many fakes made from those materials. Rylite develops a patina that's unmistakable; and who would want to work it anyway? (I have, but it is a tough rock, that "steps" alot) Quarts is also difficult rock work, and the limits of the source material make it hard to produce anything larger then a small triangle point.

Are you finding something differant?

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Sorry, I mis-read your post. I assumed they were purchased points, with you wanting to use an "authenticator". Are you planning on selling the points, or why would you feel it necessary to have them authenticated? If you're wanting it for typology reasons, you can do that yourself with a lil research (and most likely more efficiency).

OP
OP
SnakemanBill

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the feedback.
To answer the few questions put up... I'm over on the eastern shore. All the points (100+) I have are personal finds from two or three spots I have been searching for several years. There is a wide range of materials and I have stuff ranging from Lecroys to Madisons and Levannas. The reason for wanting to authenticate a few of the points would be for my personal benefit should I need or desire to sell or donate the collection in the future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread