New rock hunting buddy

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
Here are some pics of my newest rock hunting buddy. She is a black lab and is about 3 months old. I had some of my points out one night and she decided that one of them was her's. She picked it up and ran to the back of the house and under a bed to hide it. Good thing I followed her! She loves to play in the snow and play tug-a-war with our Sheltie. She is scared to death of her own shadow right now. Her security is to walk around behind me and put her head between my legs.

Attachments

• PICT2122.JPG
    PICT2122.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 360
  • PICT2123.JPG
    PICT2123.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 367
  • PICT2131.JPG
    PICT2131.JPG
    286.6 KB · Views: 338
  • PICT2132.JPG
    PICT2132.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 330
Upvote 0

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just bought a boxador (looks just like yours basically,) same age. makes walking easier. i had a my great dane go with me a few times when she was little but, she gets the car to muddy now, lol

OP
OP
Adena_man

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
trevmma said:
i just bought a boxador (looks just like yours basically,) same age. makes walking easier. i had a my great dane go with me a few times when she was little but, she gets the car to muddy now, lol

I couldn't imagine walking a Great Dane! You could probably put a saddle on it and ride when you get tired. ;D My son had our lab at a Pet Smart store one day. In came a guy with a huge German Sheperd. My son said that the lab had a "Holy S***" look on her face and was trying to climb up his leg. She is finally starting to get her "Big girl" bark now. Her bark is getting deeper and deeper. She takes her cues from our Sheltie. She follows behind the Sheltie and does everything that she does - she has had plenty of practice with her barking.

It's just like having 2 more kids. ;D

Good luck in the fields!

OP
OP
Adena_man

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
creekhunter said:
What a great looking Lab!

Thanks Creekhunter! She's a handfull! I wasn't sure how it would go over with my wife even though we had talked about it before. I walked into the living room one afternoon to find my wife sitting on the couch with the lab on her lap. She was saying, "Poor baby girl doesn't get enough attention." I guess I got my answer! She won't be able to hold her on her lap for very much longer...

Good Luck!

PALEOMAN

Dec 11, 2007
COLORADO
Detector(s) used
WHITES XLT
you are blessed to have her! my last shadow passed away a couple yrs ago. i haven`t brought myself to adopt another. i think it`s time! who can refuse those eyes?

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Thanks Adena...I have three little girls that have just fell in love with your new buddy. I guess I'll have a new buddy soon. ;D That's a beautiful puppy. I like the little collie too.
Randy

S

seger98

I got two St. Bernards that I take out metal detecting with me in the woods, love having them around until they find the porcupines, you have a nice looking pup there!

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awwwww! What a GREAT looking pup!!!! Man...... I love dogs and really love labs and yours is a great one!!! very cool. Its funny how you describe him hiding behind you and looking through your legs... My golden... Charlie, is two years old, 105 pounds and STILL does that hahahaha. Thanks for sharing him with us and please keep us updated with more pics as he learns to hunt points with yo. Stay safe.

OP
OP
Adena_man

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
PALEOMAN said:
you are blessed to have her! my last shadow passed away a couple yrs ago. i haven`t brought myself to adopt another. i think it`s time! who can refuse those eyes?

Definitely time to get another one Paleoman! This little lab chews on the wrong thing and then looks up at us like she's saying "I'm really sorry - this time" She's getting better though. We have more chew toys laying around than the pet store.

Our first Sheltie lived for 11 years before getting cancerous tumors on her snout and throat. After two surgeries, the vet advised us that she was suffering. It tore me apart having to put her to sleep. It took us a little while before we got the second Sheltie. Then the lab comes along and steals our hearts as well.

Good luck in the fields!

OP
OP
Adena_man

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
RPG said:
Thanks Adena...I have three little girls that have just fell in love with your new buddy. I guess I'll have a new buddy soon. ;D That's a beautiful puppy. I like the little collie too.
Randy

Oops! You'll have three girls working on you! I love Labs and Shelties. They are different as night and day. It's working out pretty good though. The lab wants to be everywhere the Sheltie goes. My wife has fallen in love with the Lab. She takes them both for walks every day. They follow her around the house.

Good Luck!

OP
OP
Adena_man

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
seger98 said:
I got two St. Bernards that I take out metal detecting with me in the woods, love having them around until they find the porcupines, you have a nice looking pup there!

Thanks Seger98! She's a sweet dog! I bet the porcupines can be rough!

Good luck!

OP
OP
Adena_man

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
Airborne80 said:
Awwwww! What a GREAT looking pup!!!! Man...... I love dogs and really love labs and yours is a great one!!! very cool. Its funny how you describe him hiding behind you and looking through your legs... My golden... Charlie, is two years old, 105 pounds and STILL does that hahahaha. Thanks for sharing him with us and please keep us updated with more pics as he learns to hunt points with yo. Stay safe.

Thanks Airborne! I can't wait to get her out in the fields! She is curious about everything. She loves to carry things around. I guess that is the nature of her breed. We like to camping/boating. Our Sheltie loves riding in the boat and swimming. I can only imagine how this Lab is gonna be!

Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions