Flea market find

Muddy Feet

Feb 13, 2009
MN
I found these at a flea market. There are about 52 arrowheads along with a few broken pieces in a cigar box. The guy selling said they came from an estate sale and he didn't know anything about arrowheads, how about five bucks for the whole box. I couldn't turn it down. I'm just wondering if anyone can tell from the pics if they are authentic or not? I put some of them in a frame and hung them in my sons room. He loves them real or fake and for five bucks, it doesn't matter. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Artifacts 1 030 (Small).jpg
    Artifacts 1 030 (Small).jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 437
  • Artifacts 1 031 (Small).jpg
    Artifacts 1 031 (Small).jpg
    42 KB · Views: 430
  • Artifacts 1 032 (Small).jpg
    Artifacts 1 032 (Small).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 435
  • Artifacts 1 033 (Small).jpg
    Artifacts 1 033 (Small).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 433
  • Artifacts 1 034 (Small).jpg
    Artifacts 1 034 (Small).jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 430
  • Artifacts 1 035 (Small).jpg
    Artifacts 1 035 (Small).jpg
    42 KB · Views: 431
  • Artifacts 1 (Small).jpg
    Artifacts 1 (Small).jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 438
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Muddy Feet

Muddy Feet

Feb 13, 2009
MN
Thats about what I figured but still worth five bucks. :-\ :icon_scratch: Thanks for the input.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll tell you a quick and easy way to make your money back and more. Take all of the repros and make necklaces out of them. You can get some gold filled wire at WalMart or Hoby Lobby to wrap the points and some cheap leather pieces for the strap and get $8 to $10 apiece out of them.

OP
OP
Muddy Feet

Muddy Feet

Feb 13, 2009
MN
DorkFish said:
I'll tell you a quick and easy way to make your money back and more. Take all of the repros and make necklaces out of them. You can get some gold filled wire at WalMart or Hoby Lobby to wrap the points and some cheap leather pieces for the strap and get $8 to $10 apiece out of them.
Not a bad idea. I'll let the boy keep the ones he has framed, at least until we get better ones, and see what I can do with the rest. Thanks Dorkfish.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last set of pics look like field finds and look real with the patina .All the others seemed to have been made by a recent want to be flint knapper. They all look to be a variant on the same type and that would mean a cache .Doubtful. Most likely a wanna be flint knapper. I am scared of flea maket finds.Its to much like ebay. Unless I find them they do not go im my collection that way its is always a pure collection. Just my humble opinion.
As longs as the boys like it that is all that matters.
Tnmountains

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread