Mustache Simpsion

Pinellas Man

Sep 15, 2008
North Florida
I went to a artifact show a while back and saw one Mustache Simpson there and I e-mailed the fellow who it belonged two and he sent this pic of several that he had owned. I though I'd share it, to me there pretty awesome looking points. Does any one here have one?

1227325568img_0539.jpg

Upvote 0

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Sadly, I do not have any but, i do believe that is a SUPER rare form. I would think a lot of fakes are out there. Impressive!
Chuck

WhiteCountyPaleo

Jul 21, 2008
Lafayette, IN
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Here is a Quad I found in White County
Indiana in 1987...kinda looks similar.

Attachments

• quad.jpg
    quad.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 387
  • quad.jpg
    quad.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 387

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I'm not mistaken I believe those are mostly found in the Florida area. I know I see quite a few of them on Ebay and figure they are probably fakes.

OP
OP
Pinellas Man

Pinellas Man

Sep 15, 2008
North Florida
DorkFish said:
If I'm not mistaken I believe those are mostly found in the Florida area. I know I see quite a few of them on Ebay and figure they are probably fakes.

Dorkfish your are right they are found in Florida only and there's only about 40 genuine ones known to exist at this time.

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
i saw the same picture somewhere recently, and he was asking $70,000.00 for the whole lot of 7.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
id have to find one before i would belive they were real.they are awsome. jamey

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How could it not break ? They are works of art.Thanks for showing them.
TnMountains

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You think those look fragile, ya'll take a good look at the Gunthers..Pure works of art. My absolute fave points. I have two.
Those are beauties PM, thanks for sharin'

Molly.

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
Pinellas Man said:
DorkFish said:
yes you are correct,only 40-50 genuine simpsons-mustache known.very rare indeed.and this guy has 7 perfect ones!and the 40-50 genuine ones include broken ones also.so if those arent fake in the pic then that is one valuable frame there.they are also very old,late paleo.that surprised me a little.thanks for the post.

Dorkfish your are right they are found in Florida only and there's only about 40 genuine ones known to exist at this time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread