My Last Two Hunts.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out Sunday morning to a Ft Ancient site that I don't get to hunt to often because you can only get in on Sundays. I didn't find any Beads, but I did find 5 decent Triangle Points and a few brokes. I didn't get a picture of the brokes though.

The first two pictures are of the days finds and the third picture is the tray I have put together from the site.

The last two pictures are finds from Tuesday at the Goldcamp Site. No points found there, but I did find a really nice Shell Barrel Bead, a Marginella Bead, and a cut piece of Deer Antler.

Attachments

• Points004.jpg
    Points004.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 276
  • Points005.jpg
    Points005.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 268
  • Points007.jpg
    Points007.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 275
  • Points001.jpg
    Points001.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 269
  • Points002.jpg
    Points002.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 265
Upvote 0

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great frame. Like the notched birdies best.
Congrats you sure are doing great this year Steve.

Molly.

RobKruzan

Jan 25, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Dont use one.
Thats an awsome site you are hunting there,what is that gorget made out of?Thanks for showing

OP
OP
The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Molly and Rob.

Rob, the Gorget is made from Abalone Shell and is very highly polished on the other side, but it won't lay in the frame very well with that side up and I'm afraid it might break so I display the side you see.

Muddy Feet

Feb 13, 2009
MN
That's a very nice display. You're finding some great stuff.
What are the two bone looking things on the bottom right? I found one like that with what looks looks an X carved on the bottom.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Great triangles. I like them. The gorget does look fragile and a wonder it was not broke. Really nice looking frame. Enjoy seeing your finds and advice.

TnMountains

OP
OP
The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muddy Feet said:
That's a very nice display. You're finding some great stuff.
What are the two bone looking things on the bottom right? I found one like that with what looks looks an X carved on the bottom.

Thanks Muddy Feet. Those two bone items are Deer Toe Tinklers. They are made from the toe bone of a deer and are cut off and polished along the bottom with a hole drilled into the top for suspension. My guess is they hung them off there clothing so they would rattle as they walked. We find quite a few of these.

OP
OP
The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains said:
Wow Great triangles. I like them. The gorget does look fragile and a wonder it was not broke. Really nice looking frame. Enjoy seeing your finds and advice.

TnMountains

I didn't actually find the Gorget. It was found by a man named Harold Young back in the 40's when a flood came through this site and exposed a number of graves. He told me that after the flood a buddy and him went in and the artifacts were just laying everywhere. He said they picked up all the artifacts and then reburied all of the skeletons. I got this piece from his auction after he died. He was in his mid 90's when he died and had collected since he was a young boy and had an enormous collection. I was very lucky to get this piece and I wanted it badly because of it's history. I paid a little more than I would have liked, but it is a killer piece though. I also got the Cannel Coal Pendant in this tray and a couple of Celts and some odds and ends points from other sites.

docmann

Jan 2, 2009
OKLAHOMA!
Detector(s) used
Rarely!
Dorkfish,
I agree with Greg-Rocks; You've done a good job at arranging the pieces within the frames. Nice pieces--Good job.
docmann

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread