Central Texas Artifact Hunters

abarnard

Apr 10, 2009
I am new to this forum. I would like to get to know some members of this forum that hunt artifacts in Texas, primarily in the Central Texas region. I have some really cool finds that I recovered from a gravel bar in Central Texas on the river. I would like to share them with others, so they can give me an idea of what a couple of the artifacts may be. I have found lots of hand-axes or bone crushers made out of flint cobble at this new site that i recovered that may be Paleo, or Archaic. Some drills and scrapers as well. I am sure these finds are older in nature. Some of the artifacts are whole flint cobble stones that have been pecked to form the hand perfectly, some even drilled to fit the thumb or index finger. Really neat artifacts... I will be putting pictures up after I hunt this new location again tomorrow on the 10th of April. I know there are more to find at this location b/c I only hunted over it briefly because I was fishing with a friend most of the time. I did pick up a total of 20 pieces though. Some of the cutting edges are rounded on a few of the pieces due to river wear and rounding. One piece looks to be an indian arrow head preform or scraper; the only find that resembles an arrow head.. Nice piece regardless...

Thanks.... Adam :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

abarnard

Apr 10, 2009
That I will do.. I will be putting up pics in a couple of days, after i hunt tomorrow. thanks for the greeting.

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
Welcome to the Net, abernard...would like to see the pics, also...Check out austindiggers.com for some folks in your area, I'm a member there also...

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to artifacts. Looking forwards to seeing your finds.

Molly.

P

pickaway

Welcome. cant wait to see some pics love those Texas artifacts...

irbaddadjoe

Sep 9, 2006
Bridgeport, Texas
Howdy Adam . What part of central Tx. I have started finding quite abit along the brazos . I live in the middle of the three counties that were considered the most hostile in texas. Parker,Palo Pinto, Jack. would love to see some of your finds

OP
OP
A

abarnard

Apr 10, 2009
Yep, I live in the Austin area in central texas. I haven't found lots of points, but I have found a good spot for looking for paleo artifacts that include choppers, scrapers, stone tools, and pecking tools. It's given up lots of artifacts.... Cool stuff. I just posted some of the artifacts that I have recovered from the gravel bar that I have searched. There are more artifacts that I have not posted yet, but enjoy. Happy huntin...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread