Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT artifacts, Pinellas Man! Is that pottery pieces on the top row?
regards~~sandcreek4

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I was looking at your pics again and wanted to ask you if some of those were scrapers and knifes.(duh) The material and patina looks old. The one on the bottom row next to the last one on the left in particular looks like it was made to be what it is ?
Thanks

TnMountains

OP
OP
Pinellas Man

Pinellas Man

Sep 15, 2008
North Florida
TnMountains said:
Hey I was looking at your pics again and wanted to ask you if some of those were scrapers and knifes.(duh) The material and patina looks old. The one on the bottom row next to the last one on the left in particular looks like it was made to be what it is ?
Thanks

TnMountains

To answer your question the answer is yes, In the pic above looking at the second row the first one is a knife, the second and last one in that row are scrapers. On the bottom row the last one is a scraper. Now the one that you mentioned that looks like it was made to be what it is. I believe the same, I believe it is unique in that it was made by a individual who had a special purpose for it. I do believe it was used as a knife. Maybe it was what we deer hunters call a gut knife. :)
Below is some closer pics of it, look close at the first pic and you will see a little ways from the left end a notch on each side which was used for hafting. Anyway it's unique and I like it. So far I haven't see another one like it
DSC00997.jpg

DSC00998.jpg

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinellas Man said:
TnMountains said:
Thanks

TnMountains

To answer your question the answer is yes, In the pic above looking at the second row the first one is a knife, the second and last one in that row are scrapers. On the bottom row the last one is a scraper. Now the one that you mentioned that looks like it was made to be what it is. I believe the same, I believe it is unique in that it was made by a individual who had a special purpose for it. I do believe it was used as a knife. Maybe it was what we deer hunters call a gut knife. :)
Below is some closer pics of it, look close at the first pic and you will see a little ways from the left end a notch on each side which was used for hafting. Anyway it's unique and I like it. So far I haven't see another one like it
DSC00997.jpg

DSC00998.jpg

Thats what it looked like. Its a nice item. As a kid we would never keep anything like that. Now its interesting to see that it is a tool and wonder what it was for. Nice find. I still have some interesting tools that the jury is out on. That thing would make a gut hook and do well with cutting loose the esphogaus heart and lungs stomach lining and intestines through the pelvis.I could clean a deer with that in about 5 minutes.No problemo,lol
Thank you for taking the time to show the tool. Oh yeah I dont think it would have to be hafted just held in your fingers.
You always have cool stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread