4/28 Creek Walk

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
I decided to try and walk one of my favorite creeks even though the water level was still pretty high. I wanted to be the first one to walk it this year and it payed off. I started off finding the two crude and probably unfinished triangular points. Then came the black stem point that is sharp enough to still take a whitetall down. Im guessing that it must of recently washed out of the bank because it showed no signs of being water worn. The very old spear point was my last find and in adeep area with water rushing over and in through my boots.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 414
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 410
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 414
Upvote 0
OP
OP
undertaker

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Im not sure what that large point is made of but I call it the least desirable material a collector is looking for. It feels like sand stone but not as gritty. I dont think it is. My brother, my son and I have found numerous points and Ive only seen three or four that looked like this material. Im not sure if the stone deteriorated over time. I dont know why in the world the indians would make a point out of this type of rock.

F

Flintfinder of Mo.

Yeap, like said when that water goes down. I would be in that creek for sure. good hunt. John

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought today was a work day ???? You are killing me Mr.Undertaker with great finds,,,and on a work day. I wonder also why they used that material. Maybe they liked the spots.
Thanks for sharing.
TnMountains

OP
OP
undertaker

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
TnMountains I work the grave yard shift (3rd shift ) so every day can be a arrowheading adventure. My biggest problem is staying awake on the drive to and from my favorite spots. Last year I took up metal detecting so arrowheading took a back seat. This year Im going to try to do both but put more time into indian artifact hunting which is my true love. I hope to post many more finds. And like I tell my brother If you don't go looking you won't find them.

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!!! That last one looks like a Morrow Mountain. Very cool!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
undertaker said:
TnMountains I work the grave yard shift (3rd shift ) so every day can be a arrowheading adventure. My biggest problem is staying awake on the drive to and from my favorite spots. Last year I took up metal detecting so arrowheading took a back seat. This year Im going to try to do both but put more time into indian artifact hunting which is my true love. I hope to post many more finds. And like I tell my brother If you don't go looking you won't find them.

I understand. Have to many hobbys myself. Hard to find time and stay focused. I always come back to artifacts even though so many good sites have been lost to me. Yep if you are not lookin you are not findin 8) Enjoy your finds and hunts.

TnMountains

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread