Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really wanted to try the in-situ photos again but we had tons of rain here in Tennessee today. I opted to keep the camera in the truck and I am glad I did. Rained hard every 30 minutes it seemed. This site is way back in the mtns and is early archaic. Its part of some land I lease. I was after the root beer flint but it did not give up any whole pieces but got enough flakes for a Jar. Got a decent Kirk bifurcated and what we call a stemmed square knife and some assorted little stemmed points. One looks like a lecroy but may be more of a fox valley variant. Fun day lots of mud. Everything on this site is early archaic and have never found anything that is not ,unless I misnamed something. I included the root beer flint. Have found some nice triangular points out of this material. Its not worth anything but sure is pretty. They traded that stuff out of this valley and I have found it 80 miles away.
Thanks for looking.
TnMountains

Attachments

• 100_1546.JPG
    100_1546.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 490
  • 100_1562.JPG
    100_1562.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 513
  • 100_1560.JPG
    100_1560.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 517
  • 100_1563.JPG
    100_1563.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 523
  • 100_1565.JPG
    100_1565.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 580
Upvote 0

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
good hunting tn, alot of those materials look similar to what I find in va. and wv., types too. I'm still looking for a nice kirk like that one, it's a great example. Our weather patterns are the same too, it's been on and off all day and it's dumping right now. Nothing better for field hunting and I'm not complaining. Thanks for the show, I bet that field is full of killers.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
central MO rock stars said:
nice ten you have some beautiful land there and some beautiful points i can see why indians picked there to live always enjoy your posts hope there is many more to come later cmrs
C.M.R.S
I am so lucky to have these mountains and rivers here. Its easy to get away and find some peace.
Thank you
TnMtns

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thirty7 said:
good hunting tn, alot of those materials look similar to what I find in va. and wv., types too. I'm still looking for a nice kirk like that one, it's a great example. Our weather patterns are the same too, it's been on and off all day and it's dumping right now. Nothing better for field hunting and I'm not complaining. Thanks for the show, I bet that field is full of killers.
Thirty7
I always look at your points because like you said they are so similiar I rain suited up and hit that field. To be honest the fields are alway the rougher stuff. When the rivers,creeks and streams go down that is where i find the good stuff and even better Kirks. Fields are fun the river hunting is better here. I have not been on here long enough to be able to show any recent river finds. Crossing my fingers for this summer.
I like the Kirk points. They are 7000 to 9000 bp that just makes me smile almost as good as a lost lake :icon_sunny:
Thanks thirty7

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a little post?you had a killer day.i wish i knew as much as you on the indiands round here.im looking forward to hunting with you this summer and that killer dog which is so well taking care of.i agree with you on the river hunting,rather than the feild.thanks for the post. :thumbsup: jamey

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds TnMountains. It looks like you have a killer Archaic site to hunt.

Congrats and thanks for the pictures.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jamey Greg -Rocks and Dorkfish. That field is in a no plow and is just drilled now days. They disc it lightly every three years to aerate it. Its rare that we have the rain to uncover it. The neighbor has a room full from just that spot when they used to really plow it deep. I feel lucky to get one out of it. It gets disced in one more year..... :coffee2: I am waiting,lol.

mikez

Jul 21, 2008
New England
Nice stuff!
Your area is high on my list of places I plan to visit some day soon. Not just for artifacts, also the scenery, the rivers, the history...

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mikez said:
Nice stuff!
Your area is high on my list of places I plan to visit some day soon. Not just for artifacts, also the scenery, the rivers, the history...

Tennessee is rich in history and beauty abounds. Of course I say that in any state I have ever been to in America. Come visit us you are always welcome here.
TnMtns

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JimBeHuntin' said:
Nice hunt TnMountains and great photos too ... best of luck on your next outing!
Thanks Jimbehuntin
Good to see that the metal detectorist over here. I am pretty sure most MD have a few nice artifacts in their arsenals. Thank you.
TnMtns

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lostlake88 said:
hey, thats a nice haul. Beautiful pic of hills too.
Thank you lostlake88
you inspire us :thumbsup:

TnMtns

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a cool reworked point you have also. jamey

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jamey said:
thats a cool reworked point you have also. jamey
Have several like that Jamey. I am not sure they made it like that. A stemmed scraper??

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinellas Man said:
That's some nice points TnMountains. I love the mountains. All we have her is fire ant hills. ;D

Haaa we are getting them to. I thought I left them in Texas. I saw an armadillo on the hwy as well ,and a landowner saw a bigggg wild hog. Ever changing landscape. Thanks Pinellas man.
TnMtns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions