Atlatl Weight and Other Finds

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
I went out today and these are some of the artifacts that turned up. I started out with a large broadhead spear point with broken tip of course. Then I found half of a atlatl weight. I know you guys find these in excellent condition all the time but here in Vermont they are very rare finds. I have only seen three found and all were broken. I have found two and a archaeoligist from Maine found one a mile up the road where I found this one. I then decided to try a different site and with in a few minutes I found a large hammer stone and large quartz scrapper. I also found two preform blanks and while leaving the field I found a super light tan scrapper made out of some nice stone not from this area. Here's some pics.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 605
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 393
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 354
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 582
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 369
  • 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 385
Upvote 0

SoIll

Oct 6, 2008
Il
That's strange the way they scratched the inside of it like that. Who knew Vermont had bannerstones? :thumbsup:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great find undertaker. I dont think that anyone finds stuff like that all the time. At least not surface hunting. Looks like it has a story to tell as well. Congratulations it looks like you are in a good area again. Good luck and thanks for sharing.
TnMtns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread