Clay Effigy intact

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I need major help. I have a "Effigy". It appears to maybe be of a Chief. I brought it from a construction worker in New York near where a large indian community was. When they were excavating to build homes, it was dug up. It is made of clay and weighs about 25 - 30 pounds. It seems to be quite old since there is many cracks in it, but its still fully intact.

I was told they used to make these in clay fire pits, and usually mold them into the village chiefs in honor of them.

I've had this for about 10 years and never thought about putting it online and asking around for help. Does anyone know anything about these? or where I can get information?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 374
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 376
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 375
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 366
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 355
Upvote 0

lostlake88

Dec 2, 2007
The Queen City
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
This, I stress, could be an image of Tecumseh. Many 19th century plaster of paris bust's were made of his image. I have one that is at least 150 years old. Just a guess.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lostlake88 said:
This, I stress, could be an image of Tecumseh. Many 19th century plaster of paris bust's were made of his image. I have one that is at least 150 years old. Just a guess.

Lostlake could you post yours on here as an example for him? That is one big honkin effigy !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread