Some old books that might be interesting reads...

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Searching for old books written back in time when information appeared to be more accurate as to locations and history of Native Americans in North America. I hope you enjoy these books.

You may download these books to read at your leisure. Make sure though, that you OPEN the file first and then save it to your directory.

Here is a list of books that I thought might be worth some reading for those interested in researching Native American life:

Samuel Gardner Drake wrote two books...one in 1837 and one in 1857. I have not fully read these, but I wonder if he found more information out in that 20 year span. Should provide some good reading! Then he wrote another book in 1860. I am sure between the 3 books, they contain alot of the same information, but then again, might have something new!

~~~Biography and History of the Indians of North America, from Its First ...‎ by Samuel Gardner Drake - Indians of North America - 1837 - 576 pages
Page ix starts the list of PRINCIPAL TRIBES:
http://books.google.com/books?id=LX...d+towns+in+north+america&lr=&num=100&as_brr=1

~~~Biography and history of the Indians of North America: from its first ...‎ by Samuel Gardner Drake - Indians of North America - 1857 - 720 pages
On page 9 starts a list of Native American tribes in North America. Some listings give some locations of where they were located.
http://books.google.com/books?id=ch...d+towns+in+north+america&lr=&num=100&as_brr=1

~~~The aboriginal races of North America: comprising biographical sketches of ...‎ by Samuel Gardner Drake, J. W. O'Neill - History - 1860 - 736 pages

Enjoy,
Annmarie

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net ladydigger

Thanks for the links I look forward to reading a perspective from that time frame. Appreciate you taking the time to share.
Regards,
TnMountains

OP
OP
LadyDigger

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thanks TnMountains and you are most welcomed!

I'll have to fix the link for the third book....don't know what happened....hmmmm? But I'll do that tonight, as I have to leave for work here in a few.

I'll also post some more info later that may be of interesting reading.

Have a great day ya'll,
Annmarie
(PS: been a member since 2006, I'm just the better half that decided to get her own screenname! LOL...since I made all the post on the other screenname...can I transfer all those post counts to my new name? LOL)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions