LLano, tx biface scraper

abarnard

Apr 10, 2009
Haven't posted in a while, but I have been working alot. Here is a pic of a biface scraper with a thumb groove, that i found in LLano, TX along an ancient dried up stream 5 days ago.... I found a couple of pieces of flint and then I noticed this piece half buried in the dust. I was taking my time, and good thing b/c I would have surely missed it. Central Texas Needs rain bad right now. I was hunting on my girlfriends dads hunting lease, and all the small ponds are dried up... It is a really thin little scraper... Happy huntin..

Attachments

• DSC00603-1.JPG
    DSC00603-1.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 266
  • DSC00589.JPG
    DSC00589.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC00601.JPG
    DSC00601.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 259
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Abarnard you have been keeping your eyes open in your travels. How many acres is his lease? I am getting ready for hunting season here. Nice finds good looking pieces.
Regards,
TnMountains

OP
OP
A

abarnard

Apr 10, 2009
Crescent, meaning????? I am not sure if you are reffering to a type of tool or point, etc.. Can you explain Uniface???

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
abarnard said:
Crescent, meaning????? I am not sure if you are reffering to a type of tool or point, etc.. Can you explain Uniface???
Abarnard
I think uni was talking about a type of tool that was crecent shaped. Its most times associated with clovis time frames. But has been duplicated by others in archiac and woodland.Its a nice find for sure. Here is a good picture of what they call a crecent.

Attachments

• fenn-05-l-1.jpg
    fenn-05-l-1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 223
OP
OP
A

abarnard

Apr 10, 2009
thanks for the info TN. Yep, it does have a little bit of a crescent shape to it. I have another that is larger than that one, but I found it along the colorado.

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep !

TnMountains hooked you up.

Sometimes one edge is straight, or nearly so.

They're not real uncommon in Texas from what I'm told, but most of them are thicker than the paleos are, and date from throughout the Archaic era.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions