Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweeeet photography. Nice. I need to dig out some quartz myself and post. BTW check knapping section need your input/skills. Thanks for sharing. Nice post.

TnMountains

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!! Beautiful!!! What part of Virginia are you finding this stuff in? I am in Northern VA myself.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Thanks for the comments. Airborne, most of this is from the piedmont region of Va., the stemmed point and triangle is from west, central Va.

artorius

Jul 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
Beautiful pieces!

Personally, I think that nice quality quartz is one of the more attractive lithics for artifacts.

artorius

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thirty7 said:
Thanks for the comments. Airborne, most of this is from the piedmont region of Va., the stemmed point and triangle is from west, central Va.

Roger that. I am still new to the area and am learning my way around. That is close enough to make it at least possible for me to find something as cool as yours hahaha. Thanks again and stay safe

JUNKYARD DOG

Feb 29, 2008
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
Very Very nice. I can just imagine the indians sitting around a fire showing and braging up there works as well as there hunts and adventures. I dont think real down to earth people like ourselves have changed much over the years. Very beautiful finds and thanks for posting. JYD...

abarnard

Apr 10, 2009
Gotta be tough to knapp that material b/c of the concoidal fracturing, but there are a few that look to be works of art... Lovin the photos thanks..

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds 37. You are making miss NC. Love that Quartz. I will treasure mine forever..
Congrats..

Molly..

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Appreciate the comments folks, glad you like them. Taking these pics make me enjoy them again, really get a good idea of the material by shooting them like this, kind of semi blind right now from the led light, lol. Here comes round 2.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh ok. Hunting lamp. I was going to shoot some of my quartz from Tennessee but.... they did not look to good. Still trying. Our quartz here is pretty poor compared to some I have seen. To bad they did not chip out that big vein up at (see) rock city.That would have been pretty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread