Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    Where good deeds are performed daily
    Garrett Fortune Hunter, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
    1654 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Georgia Artifacts

Greetings,
    I live in Hall County Georgia and was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to search nearby for arrowheads, pottery shards, etc. I'd love to join anyone on a search. I'm new at arrowheads but have always been fascinated by them.
    Thanks,
    Scott
    CAN YA DIG IT?
    Democracy: The only system where
    two idiots can out-vote one genius

us
    Mar 2005
    Whites XLT Classic
    2 times

Re: Georgia Artifacts

I am not familiar with your area but off hand, I would suggest that you get a map, locate water (Creeks, rivers and Lakes) and start there. Google and read everything that you can find regarding Indian activity in your area and try to determin where villages and camps were located. Farmland is great after plow and certainly after a rain. Get familiar with points located in your area so that you have an idea of what you look for. Get a long (walking_ stick to use as a flipper.... to flip over suspected artifacts. If you live near tidal water.... hit it at low tide and during/after rains. Have fun and please share your finds with us. Good luck.
    Who looks outward, dreams.
    Who looks inward, awakes.

Carl Gustav Jung

us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Larson mo jo pro Flippin stick
    3471 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: Georgia Artifacts

Dude, Hall county was deeded to Georgia by the Cherokee Indians and you have the Chattahoochie River running right through you. Here is some info.....
    The Chattahoochee corridor has a colorful and interesting history that has been preserved within the National Recreation Area. Numerous rock shelters, once used by nomadic Indian families and later Indian hunting parties, can be explored on the trails at both Island Ford and Palisades East. During the 19th century, the river was the dividing line between the Cherokee and Creek Indian Nations. The Creeks, on the south side of the line, were forced west to Oklahoma in 1828, and the Cherokees, on the north and west side, were forced out in 1838.

That river is loaded. Here are some Paleo points found by someone kayaking.Just google that river and artifacts and or your county and the river and artifacts. You are in a great spot to collect. Just know the laws in your area first.
    Good luck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kirbo2.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	318450  
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

Sponsors