a few for the view....

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
I guess the top two would be thumb scrapers. The bottom one is a little different. It is nearly 5/8" thick at big end and maybe 3/8 on smaller end. Maybe some kind of multi-tool. It was maybe used on one end for some tasks and the other end for others. It is worked around the entire stone.
dsc00570uob.jpg

Questions about these two. They were picked up in different locations, but are nearly identical in the way they are made. They must have had a specific purpose. Note very similar in shape from top view ....
dsc00571m.jpg

and side view......
dsc00572n.jpg

dsc00573v.jpg

Here is a scraper cornucopia...big to little....
dsc00576t.jpg

a couple different lithics...
dsc00580d.jpg

dsc00585fuo.jpg

and the red one....
dsc00582m.jpg

dsc00583f.jpg

Have a good one.
BW

Upvote 0

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Nice Bravo, good selection of lithics down your way. I could be wrong but those thinner scrapers look like preforms to me, the largest, dark colored piece looks like a cache blade imo. Thanks for sharing.

JUNKYARD DOG

Feb 29, 2008
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
Nice Nice and more Nice. Im on my way out the door, going down by the creek and find me some. Thanks for sharing Bravo. :thumbsup: JYD...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you just keep pulling out the nice stuff. Those are great pieces and I am like everyone else and think some are more than just scrapers/knifes. Very Nice Bravo

OP
OP
bravowhiskey

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
The more a guy learns, the more you realize you don't know. Cache blades, quarry blanks, preforms. Cortex, uniface, biface yeow :help:... I think I just gave birth to a ....Geologist. (take off of Rodney Dangerfield) :laughing9:

This is the best education that money can't buy!

BW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread