A very good outing in Western Oklahoma

docmann

Jan 2, 2009
OKLAHOMA!
Detector(s) used
Rarely!
Last week my father -in-law and I sniffed out a location east of our usual haunts. It was a good day. Wednesday evening/ Thursday morning of this week, we experienced about an inch of rain. A quick return trip proved even more fruitful (in terms of intact projectile points). We collected a number of other interesting pieces that will be posted later, but I've arranged a handful of nice pieces for your perusal. I'm not sure it gets much better than this. More to come. My father-in-law may claim that he found one or two of these but don't buy into it! More to come. docmann

Attachments

• Points.GIF
    Points.GIF
    157.7 KB · Views: 305
  • Points.GIF
    Points.GIF
    157.7 KB · Views: 302
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds.Those are nice points. You are right it does not get any better than that. We will wait and see if your father-in-law try to post your arrowheads,,lol. nice hunt

TnMtns

OP
OP
docmann

docmann

Jan 2, 2009
OKLAHOMA!
Detector(s) used
Rarely!
Allen, thirty7, TNMount, and Uniface, Thanks for the comments. While I'd like to say that a great deal of investigation took place in finding these, I think most were found in about 15 minutes, and sitting atop a sandy road traveled daily by the land owner. He's aware that these artifacts are there, but to him, they're just pretty rocks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread