OP
OP
creek astronaut

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
thirty7 said:
Cool, thanks for that link. That's a big pile of waste flakes to create that beauty.
thought it would give some of us an idea of what certain flakes mean when we find them and how many flakes are produced when making a point,and give us an idea of the different stages an artifact goes through before it is finished.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Thanks so much for posting greg-rocks. I've been curious about pushing the knapping to more artistic hieghts. This guy is amazing. Those sculptures are wonderful., I knew knappers must be doing this, but haven't tried to find any. Glad you shared this.

docman: did you see the alibates and tecovas jasper in this website?

ng

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi NG

One excellent place to start would be the Lithic Artists Guild. Unfortunately, their site's in the process of moving, so I'd wait a while on it. Their membership includes many of the most accomplished knappers (like Woody Blackwell) "out there."

A

Atlantis0077

Morning,

Excellent article....that explains all those piles of chips I keep finding. Sadly though they always seem to take the finished product with them. ::) Scottsbluff points are truly works of art.

HH,

Atlantis

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atlantis0077 said:
Morning,

Excellent article....that explains all those piles of chips I keep finding. Sadly though they always seem to take the finished product with them. ::) Scottsbluff points are truly works of art.

HH,

Atlantis

Great article. It nice for the average guy to see what knappers take for granted. Thanks for sharing.
TnMtns

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
Atlantis0077 said:
that explains all those piles of chips I keep finding. Sadly though they always seem to take the finished product with them. ::)

Atlantis
Ha ha... my thoughts exactly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread