A Very Lucky "Break"

docmann

Jan 2, 2009
OKLAHOMA!
Detector(s) used
Rarely!
A Very Lucky "Break"

I've recently posted a handful of pieces consisting of both points and various other artifacts. This past weekend, I began rearranging some of the pieces and saw what looked like a couple of matching puzzle pieces. (See first two photos below). I thought to myself, what are the odds of me picking up a fragment of a drill one week, and the main body the previous week? On closer inspection, that's just what happened. The two pieces fit perfectly! As best as I can tell. The larger piece of the drill was found on my first trip out, and exactly one week later, the smaller piece was found. Indeed, even a blind squirrel will find an acorn every once in awhile!

Attachments

• Drill2a.GIF
    Drill2a.GIF
    328.2 KB · Views: 391
  • Drill1a.GIF
    Drill1a.GIF
    195.9 KB · Views: 383
  • 1111.GIF
    1111.GIF
    154.2 KB · Views: 379
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: A Very Lucky "Break"

All my life I have hoped to find the other half of something/anything . You inspire me. Some people seem to do it all the time. Nice finds you have been having Docman.

HH
TnMtns

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.

Way to go Mann....I am still waiting as well.I will find the other piece of a piece one day...Good for you!
Oh luve the drill btw...

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009

oh wow! That really can happen huh? And what a nice one it happened with. that's just cool, congratulations!

ng

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->

Just makes your day when you get a match like that. This is why I keep everything with a broken edge in seperate containers, it really can pay off. Nice drill Doc.

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio

Good eye Doc.

That takes a good eye to match up those pieces. I have only found 2 in all of my artifact hunting. Both on the same day, same field. On one both pieces were right together, and on the other one they were about 20 yards apart.

Twig.

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio

naturegirl said:
oh wow! That really can happen huh? And what a nice one it happened with. that's just cool, congratulations!

ng
killer find!yes it can happen.thats why I have boxes full of brokes in my closet.gives you something fun to do in january when you cant hunt.

OP
OP
docmann

docmann

Jan 2, 2009
OKLAHOMA!
Detector(s) used
Rarely!

Pick, Uni, Neo and Tn, thanks for the comments. Indeed, I feel fortunate. I've always been captivated by that big drill, especially by its size. NG, I had just mentioned to my wife recently about how it would be so nice to find the mates to some of the many broken points I've found lately. Incidentally, she said that it would take a "miracle". T7 and Bent, you can bet I've started a new compartment in my plastic bins for broken artifacts.
Thanks for the kind words gang,
Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread