took some pictures of flint

Mooch

Dec 14, 2008
I had some time the other day to take some pictures of some frames of flint that we had put together to take for dislay at a couple of local shows. I took some close ups of the some of the highlights plus a picture of a 4 of the 6 Thebes Gap Points from the Guy Brother Cache. Hope you enjoy them all. Most of these pieces were found in Southern Illinois and were found over 80 years ago.

Attachments

• rocks august 037.JPG
    rocks august 037.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 580
  • lost lake.jpg
    lost lake.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 571
  • rocks august 027.JPG
    rocks august 027.JPG
    225.4 KB · Views: 577
  • thebes gap.jpg
    thebes gap.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 572
Upvote 0

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice thanks for the peek jamey :o

F

Flintfinder of Mo.

That's why you won the award for excellence. Excellent. John :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: ;D

OP
OP
M

Mooch

Dec 14, 2008
Thanks for all of the remarks. It took a lot of years to put that frame together and it was put together many many years ago. I will add that it won 7 best of shows out of the 9 shows it went to before we switched frames.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mooch said:
Thanks for all of the remarks. It took a lot of years to put that frame together and it was put together many many years ago. I will add that it won 7 best of shows out of the 9 shows it went to before we switched frames.

Congratulations Mooch !! They are a beautiful collection. Congratulations again on your awards. They all look like winners to me :thumbsup:
TnMtns

dblski

Mar 18, 2009
Man I live in southern Illinois and could only hope to find pieces like that. WOW!!!!!!! Do you know round abouts they were found?
Jake

OP
OP
M

Mooch

Dec 14, 2008
dblski said:
Man I live in southern Illinois and could only hope to find pieces like that. WOW!!!!!!! Do you know round abouts they were found?
Jake

We have County locations on most all of these points. What county do you live in and I'll tell you if any of them were found local.
Mooch

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Super frame again buddy! That big Dove is unreal, but then again so is the frame. I live in Madison Co., IL. I bet you don't have anything from that Co. in your collection, LOL!

badandy

dblski

Mar 18, 2009
I hunt in Washington, marion and jefferson county. Those pieces are truly amazing. I do have a buddy even further south around harrisburg who has some ground and wants to get into hunting arrowheads so hopefully I can make it down there to go with him.
Jake

OP
OP
M

Mooch

Dec 14, 2008
THe lost lake in the center of the frame and center of the second picture is from Jefferson County. The big white thebes is from Clay and the Corner Notch is from Williamson. A lot of the daltons and blades are from Washington , Randolph, Jackson and Union. i'm from Clay County and hunt a lot in Wayne and Marion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread