17 KB · Views: 223
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pictures are too blurry to really identify, from what you can see they appear to be field grade points. A few do not appear to be points, but could be due to the blurry pictures shown. Broken points, points with pieces missing on the edges are really not worth much, except to the finder. (Unless they are a extremely rare type and possibly restorable). I personally don't buy a repaired point.

Just my personal opinion only, no offense meant, not worth more then couple dollars each for the whole points. Lower left corner appears to be the best by the picture shown.

Generally the thicker the point is, the less it is worth, the thiner the point, and finer the flaking is, the more valuable the point is. Points with nodules on one or both sides are usually worth a lot less, as the quality of the workmenship is less.

Good luck hunting.................

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice racks though. Some sites will give up a lot of quartz. A lot of people really like it and their are diffrent grades and types. Most I see are knifes and I enjoy finding them still :thumbsup:
TnMtns

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with Treasure_Hunter. It looks like they are mostly field grade points and not worth more than a few dollars each.

artorius

Jul 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
Most of these look like smallish, conracting stem points which fall nicely into the Rossville type. Rossville points are Middle Woodland in age - 2000 years old, give or take a few hundred years.

Since so many of these points are of similar type, one wonders if they came from a site which primarily was occuppied in Middle Woodland times, as opposed to a site which had a number of occupancies over various periods.

I agree that the value would be a few dollars each for the better ones, less for the broken or eroded pieces. A few of these look like they are made of weathered argillite - unfortunatley argillite literally disolves in the ground over time, becoming nothing more than an eroded core of the original piece.

A very nice group, nonetheless.

artorius

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
where were these found?last pic bottom row 3rd piece from the right,is that broken?if that is not a broken piece, it sure looks like a dalton to me.nice little collection of quartz points.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions