found twenty years apart.

crow12c

Aug 8, 2009
Theres a story behind this find that goes back about 20 years, I found a peice just like this 20 years ago, I went to alabama to dive for clams and like a fool took it with me, long story short, I lost it at the kings Inn motel across the river from florance, but today about a mile down stream in the same creek it was found in so long ago I found another one! not sure what its made of or really what it is?? button?? pendant? I still cant belive I found it. anyone ever seen anything like this? it is kinda thin.

Attachments

• rsz_blades_026.jpg
    rsz_blades_026.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 426
  • rsz_blades_027.jpg
    rsz_blades_027.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 426
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it bone or shell. It looks to be a very old button. What size is it? Very nice find i lightened it up a little for you. Was kinda dark.

Attachments

• rsz_blades_027.jpg
    rsz_blades_027.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 399
OP
OP
C

crow12c

Aug 8, 2009
Im leaning towards bone, I never had the first one looked at by anyone of intrest before loosing it. I might send it to bill jackson and see what he'd call it, I call it a button, its about the size of the old silver dollar, its not small by no means, for any button, the first one had a slight curve to it, this ones flatt as something thats been machined, wonder wich way extra notch's went up or down? Ill get some good close ups later and post em.

Fla-Gal

Feb 14, 2008
This may be an early thread winder/holder. It would have been sold/traded for dual usage.....bone...mother of pearl perhaps. Interesting find, what 'good eyes you have'.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fla-Gal said:
This may be an early thread winder/holder. It would have been sold/traded for dual usage.....bone...mother of pearl perhaps. Interesting find, what 'good eyes you have'.

Brilliant. That makes very good sense in a trade item. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
C

crow12c

Aug 8, 2009
I looked up the thread winders and couldnt find any with holes nor that had the real small notching, (seem to be to small to hold alot a thread) I do see the resemblance though. its got me stumped, cant seem to find anything like it on the internet, the not knowing will drive me nuts! as a rule you can yea or nea anything you find round here, but this things got me, it has the look, but until I see another one or send it out, its lost its thunder.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow
If you post it in the"What is it" section on t-net those guys will be all over it like a bee to honey. They are quick and good. Give it a try with your story. If they solve it they will post a picture of another like it and then you put a green arrow on it as soloved.Let us know if they solve it.I bet they do.
TnMtns

OP
OP
C

crow12c

Aug 8, 2009
thanks, I put it up over there. I hope somebody can show another or something close, that would be great. if it is artifact its a very nice peice, if not. the suspence of it all was worth pickin it up, thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread