Could they be...or have mine wishful eyes led me astray again?

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
Hello. Hola. Shalom. Bonjour. Bonjour-no. Yo, sup.

That should cover everyone :D

I'm pretty new here, as you can tell by my mammoth post count and my near archaic join date.

But a long time lurker who enjoys living vicariously through all your finds none the less.

I found these two "objects" in a creek bed several weeks apart in, well, a creek north of Atlanta.

The first 'point' I posted before in today's finds last week but wanted further confirmation if it be or if it not be...

And the second large item..looks like it HAS to be something with one of the edges broken off...

Please tell me I again have significance in my life by finding the greatest item ever (kidding of course)..... :laughing7:

Or if they are just river rocks that have again fooled me...

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• isyouaarruhhead1.jpg
    isyouaarruhhead1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 571
  • isyouaarruhhead2.jpg
    isyouaarruhhead2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 579
  • isyouaarruhhead1.jpg
    isyouaarruhhead1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 572
  • isyouaarruhhead2.jpg
    isyouaarruhhead2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 563
  • 00ah1.jpg
    00ah1.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 554
  • 00ah2.jpg
    00ah2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 555
  • 00ah3.jpg
    00ah3.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 565
Upvote 0

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
oooah, oooah, got that out of the way, now, the first piece could be a point but can't really tell from the pic, can't see flaking in the pics...the second piece, sorry no cigar, looks like a geofact...

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
oldgoat said:
oooah, oooah, got that out of the way, now, the first piece could be a point but can't really tell from the pic, can't see flaking in the pics...the second piece, sorry no cigar, looks like a geofact...

boooo take it back..liar :tongue3:

oh well...story of my life....back to the bottle I go

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I re- did it to look at it. I am 100 miles from Atlanta. It looks like quartz. The workmanship on quartz is sometimes hard to see if it has been in water even more so. Is the base thin? I would not rule out quartz point just yet. Lets see what people say with brighter pictures. The shapes of everything you are finding is correct. Its just a matter of time. Yeah I lurked and learned also. Welcome to the brightside and artifacts. I need to get out and hunt before I become an armchair cowboy :laughing7:
Happy Huntin
TnMountains

Attachments

• isyouaarruhhead2.jpg
    isyouaarruhhead2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 530
OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
TNMountains, the base is thinner then the "body"..

Still trying to figure out how the larger object can just be a natural break...if you mimic the right side to the part that broke off, it is a perfect 'arrow' shape

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that would have been very heavy to carry on an end of a stick, i would think. jamey.... but i dont know check out tn mountains post on giants

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if the other side had been broken off to resemble an arrowhead that still would not have been how they started. They started with large chuncks of flint driving of flakes large enough to be worked into a final product. Sometimes unfinished they resemble a platter(oval) or flat shape. Then they would do the rest of the work like notches base and edges to complete the point.They did not start out with a very large looking arrowhead and then whittle it down to a smaller version.
You are seeing the right shapes and the quartz might be a point its hard to tell with out holding it.
Keep bringing it home I always did and still do if un sure about something.
Good luck

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
CheathamHill said:
oldgoat said:

boooo take it back..liar :tongue3:

oh well...story of my life....back to the bottle I go
Don't hit the bottle just yet, from TnMtns redo, you can see that the quartz is quite possibly a point, since it was found in water, the layers of patination will be quite thick, not allowing us to see the flaking...

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the sugary quartz, which will not show any flaking. I have a little experience with quartz. I would say its a point. Its possible the one side as been worn due to it been utilised as a blade. Can't see anything in the other object but, I would say you have found a point there..

Molly..

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Molly said:
Looks like the sugary quartz, which will not show any flaking. I have a little experience with quartz. I would say its a point. Its possible the one side as been worn due to it been utilised as a blade. Can't see anything in the other object but, I would say you have found a point there..

Molly..

I trust what Molly tells me :thumbsup:

OP
OP
CheathamHill

CheathamHill

Oct 10, 2009
Thanks Molly and TN !

Hopefully I can learn as I go...there are some very interesting Horizontal 'lines' on one side of it (you can see in the picture)...

Looking for points is a more feasible hobby for me now that I live directly on the banks of the Chattahoochee River. Once you scrape past the shoe soles, coke cans, plastic and feces ( :dontknow: ) there are bound to be some goodies, especially after all the floods we have been getting here this fall. There are some VERY interesting rock mounds, shapes, etc all around me as well and will post pics of those in the appropriate forum sometime.

THanks again for all your help to a forum 'newbie'

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot