Made my YEAR:) :) :) woooooha!!! when i found "Día Negro" UPDATE

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
Made my YEAR:) :) :) woooooha!!! when i found "Día Negro" UPDATE

k, :laughing9:, so last night im with some family memembers just relaxing and whe i go to sleep i have a dream of me finding some exotic cerimonial pieces, very finley worked. so when i wake up i mess around online, and decide shoot, i might as well go out. so i pick a spot i been eyeballin 4 some time now, and for about 2 hours nothing, some chips is all. it gets dark here early so im bummed out, beeen having a rough few months, so i start heading back . and low and behold just laying there, this amazing piece..... i was like OMG, lol, yessssssssssssssssss. my camera is broke so i used a friends , these are the best pics i could come up with for now. also, i have never in my life picked up such a nice perfected piece. the base is lightly ground, has such delicate but perfect shoulders, the serrations are nice and get micro towards the needle tip,seems to have been resharpened, it has collateral flaking , median ridged, "looks like a diamond when looking straight down it" exactly 3 1/2 inchs long. all in all its awwwwwwwww :)
Im going with Firstview on this one, maybe a Eden, both pretty rare in this area, my BEST PIECE PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP

Some history on this point : being Eden/Firstview, it comes from the Scottsbluff cluster=Scottsbluff, Cody,Eden,Firstview. These paleoindian people would have probaly been following big game, such as extinct bison. Some of the best information has come from bison kill sites where these tools were recovered. This particular point has all of the characteristics of a Eden/Firstview. Probaly was used as a spear or flung from a atlatl http://www.onagocag.com/atlatl.html. My personal opinion this projectile would have suporior penetrating power, size, weight thickness, it would be the perfect tool for bringing down big game. Here is a little writing on the Eden published by Noel d. Justice that i found very accurate and informative to this projectile.
" The Eden points some of the most controlled and best executed flitnapping of all paleoindian projectile point types. All edges are closely aligned and near perfect symmetry is observed on every part of the typical Eden point. Wormington's description noted resemblance to Scottsbluff but focused on traits such as a narrower blade width relative to length, parallel pressure flaking , smaller shoulders, pronounced median ridge, and a diamond shaped cross section. The shoulder/haft juncture may be marked only by the termination of laterial grinding and a very slight edge in contour. The fine pressure flaking and diamond-shaped cross section are the most prominate traits that seperate Eden from Scottsbluff. The haft element was produces with fine pressure retouch and the basal edge flaking often produces a triangular flaking pattern emanating from the basal margins to the midline. ( see in photos) .
Now why the base is clipped how it is i have no idea, but i still believe it was intentional.

One more thing, a good friend called me and told me this morning, you did not find that point , it found you.... Being at my lowest point in my life , and thinking there is no way out or back up, God/Someone knows my love of archaeology and i was brought to it. This piece represents a moment in my life when i thought i would never get up, after finding this, i know there are good things out there and hope is still possible. In all honesty i believe this is going to be a turning point for the better in my life:) I was supposed to start school for archi this semester, but some very dramatic changes in my life has forced me to put school on hold. I read and study as much as i can on my free time of the subject, its absolutly amazing.

If anyone has any other info they would like to cover on the point type/history, feel free to fill me/us in. Thanks
Chong

Attachments

• zfirst1.jpg
    zfirst1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 5,636
  • zfirst2.jpg
    zfirst2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 5,645
  • zfirst3.jpg
    zfirst3.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 5,587
  • zfirst5.jpg
    zfirst5.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 5,587
  • zfirst7.jpg
    zfirst7.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 5,527
Upvote 0

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Made my YEAR:) :) :) woooooha!!! when i found "día negro"

A work of Art

Mike :notworthy:

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)

Blindpig, good idea, i put some good info up on my first posting, thanks tn, i hear more people find Folsoms in the area than these, so pretty rare i shall figure. and newt, it was a surface find.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chong
Thanks for the lesson.Fits that puppy to a Tee. Glad it came to you and lifted you up when you needed it. Somebody was smilin down on you for sure. Now if I could just find those lost gold bars !!!! :icon_sunny:
TnMountains

F

Flintfinder of Mo.

Sweet, Congrats on the Banner. John

That's an incredible piece! WOW!
I agree with your feeling that this find came at the right time after a long rocky road. I'm sure that when you found this, all of your problems fade away in that moment and you are left holding an amazing tool that represents a time when all there was to life was hunting, gathering, and finding shelter. The more complicated this world gets, the more I drift off back in time, wishing that life was more simpler.
What a nicely worked piece.
Congratulations!
Dave.

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is one extremely nice find. Looks pretty rare.
WTG!!!
Rob

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007

Wow! That is the best piece I have seen found in quite a while. Congrats!!
Chuck

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow!!!! Brother.... you have the find of a lifetime and it came at the right time according to you. There are no accidents my friend. Things happen for a reason and you are right to see this as a turning point. Hold on...... things are looking up!!!! Always lean forward :)

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What a beautiful find !! :hello2:

Congratulations ! :notworthy:

A question to the age: Would about 2500 - 2000 BC be right ?

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chong that is a fantastic Firstview!!! Congrats on a fantastic find!! :icon_thumleft: I am curious if a later culture found it and altered it? The base clipping is unlike any Firstview I have ever seen. The serrations on top also? It looks like it was done and never used. A very curious piece you have there. Many mysteries to this Cody Complex piece. You should definitely have it looked at for study purposes and documentation. As I said I have never seen a Firstview like that. No doubt a Firstview just altered unlike any other. Congrats man, I would be at that spot every day searching it out now...........Check out these links, at that size and if that is how it was made it is easily a $3000 to $5000 point. I would call that a Banner day if there ever was one!!! http://www.projectilepoints.net/Pages/Searches/Points/Firstview.html

http://www.arrowheads.com/don/paleo.htm

Post your next find as you will undoubtedly find another from that area!!!............GTP

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TheDane said:
What a beautiful find !! :hello2:

Congratulations ! :notworthy:

A question to the age: Would about 2500 - 2000 BC be right ?

Age is early archaic and dates from 7500bc to 8500bc. It was masterfully crafted by the Cody Complex Culture. A highly desirable piece for any collector!!! A great find!.......Hope this helps.............GTP....

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good Lord what a beauty!! I have never seen one quite like that one, looks like you got yourself a museum grade piece for sure, WOW!

Big congratulations! :icon_thumleft:
Steve

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very, very nice. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :hello2:

Stryker

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008

Fantastic find. It would have made my year also.

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio

Whooo Hooo!!!

Wow Chong!! Man what a find. A well deserved banner. That piece is made so nice.That indian sure could knap.

A real masterpiece!!

Congrats to you!!

Twig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread