Made my YEAR:) :) :) woooooha!!! when i found "Día Negro" UPDATE

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
Made my YEAR:) :) :) woooooha!!! when i found "Día Negro" UPDATE

k, :laughing9:, so last night im with some family memembers just relaxing and whe i go to sleep i have a dream of me finding some exotic cerimonial pieces, very finley worked. so when i wake up i mess around online, and decide shoot, i might as well go out. so i pick a spot i been eyeballin 4 some time now, and for about 2 hours nothing, some chips is all. it gets dark here early so im bummed out, beeen having a rough few months, so i start heading back . and low and behold just laying there, this amazing piece..... i was like OMG, lol, yessssssssssssssssss. my camera is broke so i used a friends , these are the best pics i could come up with for now. also, i have never in my life picked up such a nice perfected piece. the base is lightly ground, has such delicate but perfect shoulders, the serrations are nice and get micro towards the needle tip,seems to have been resharpened, it has collateral flaking , median ridged, "looks like a diamond when looking straight down it" exactly 3 1/2 inchs long. all in all its awwwwwwwww :)
Im going with Firstview on this one, maybe a Eden, both pretty rare in this area, my BEST PIECE PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP

Some history on this point : being Eden/Firstview, it comes from the Scottsbluff cluster=Scottsbluff, Cody,Eden,Firstview. These paleoindian people would have probaly been following big game, such as extinct bison. Some of the best information has come from bison kill sites where these tools were recovered. This particular point has all of the characteristics of a Eden/Firstview. Probaly was used as a spear or flung from a atlatl http://www.onagocag.com/atlatl.html. My personal opinion this projectile would have suporior penetrating power, size, weight thickness, it would be the perfect tool for bringing down big game. Here is a little writing on the Eden published by Noel d. Justice that i found very accurate and informative to this projectile.
" The Eden points some of the most controlled and best executed flitnapping of all paleoindian projectile point types. All edges are closely aligned and near perfect symmetry is observed on every part of the typical Eden point. Wormington's description noted resemblance to Scottsbluff but focused on traits such as a narrower blade width relative to length, parallel pressure flaking , smaller shoulders, pronounced median ridge, and a diamond shaped cross section. The shoulder/haft juncture may be marked only by the termination of laterial grinding and a very slight edge in contour. The fine pressure flaking and diamond-shaped cross section are the most prominate traits that seperate Eden from Scottsbluff. The haft element was produces with fine pressure retouch and the basal edge flaking often produces a triangular flaking pattern emanating from the basal margins to the midline. ( see in photos) .
Now why the base is clipped how it is i have no idea, but i still believe it was intentional.

One more thing, a good friend called me and told me this morning, you did not find that point , it found you.... Being at my lowest point in my life , and thinking there is no way out or back up, God/Someone knows my love of archaeology and i was brought to it. This piece represents a moment in my life when i thought i would never get up, after finding this, i know there are good things out there and hope is still possible. In all honesty i believe this is going to be a turning point for the better in my life:) I was supposed to start school for archi this semester, but some very dramatic changes in my life has forced me to put school on hold. I read and study as much as i can on my free time of the subject, its absolutly amazing.

If anyone has any other info they would like to cover on the point type/history, feel free to fill me/us in. Thanks
Chong

Attachments

• zfirst1.jpg
    zfirst1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 5,637
  • zfirst2.jpg
    zfirst2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 5,646
  • zfirst3.jpg
    zfirst3.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 5,588
  • zfirst5.jpg
    zfirst5.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 5,588
  • zfirst7.jpg
    zfirst7.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 5,528
Upvote 0
OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Re: Made my YEAR:) :) :) woooooha!!!

:laughing9:

Attachments

• zfirst8.jpg
    zfirst8.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 5,465
  • zfirst9.jpg
    zfirst9.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 5,442
  • zfirst10.jpg
    zfirst10.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 5,451
  • zfirst11.jpg
    zfirst11.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 5,422

shopdog

Oct 20, 2008

awsome find can u post picks of some of the other stuff u found their . :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used

thanks all!!! and sorry shop dog, thats all i found today

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very, very nice point chong. Is the base made like that or does it have a little damage? Either way it's a spectacular piece and gets my vote for the banner.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:read2:wow,that is perfect :hello:jamey

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro

What a fantastic piece, one of the best finds I've seen in a while. Great Firstview, congrats!

mistabig

May 3, 2006

wow .........perfect piece ,it doesnt look chipped on the bottom beacuase both sides are tapperd ....great find man .banner worthy

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505

Awesome Find!!!

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used

lol, trust me its real.......unless some salter has nothing better to do than put 1 piece in a very unique place.... its the material that it resided in, preserves it perfectly, in all honesty i have never really found a pice with much patina on it, very few

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Re: Made my YEAR:) :) :) woooooha!!! when i found "día negro"

sorry 4 all the posts, but uni, i think it might be obs, i dunno im not a geo guy, ill find out 4 sure and let u know, the edeges are translucent in light, so possibly. all obs i have ever seen is always shiny, no matter what

S

seger98

Beautiful piece & congratulaions on making the banner, it's truely worthy!

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE

I totally understand how finding points like that could get addictive...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread