Best Set of Points I have ever seen

pointdlr

Sep 30, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
These pieces are in a display case at the Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal. If in the area, they are worth the price of admission by themselves. I have been to nearly every museum from Cincinnati to Chicago to NYC and back again. There are some wonderful things in all of them, but this is by far the best flint display. Average size in the case is 6". All the points came from an early Cincinnati collector Judge Thomas Clenay. My favorite is either the Sonora Lostlake or the obnoxious Carter Cave Lost Lake. Knowing a thing or two about value on points, I would put more than one of them over 50K a piece.
Enjoy,
Jon Dickinson.

Attachments

• cintimnh1.jpg
    cintimnh1.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 489
  • cintimnh2.jpg
    cintimnh2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 490
  • cintimnh3.jpg
    cintimnh3.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 500
  • cintimnh4.jpg
    cintimnh4.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 492
Upvote 0
P

pickaway

Wow, i was hunting a field today when a van drove up and a older gentleman got out & walked up to me, we got to talkin and he told me bout 30 years ago he hunted while he plowed the fields,he said when he saw a big point he'd stop the tractor get out and pick it up, musta been the days,killer pieces i'd faint to find just one!!!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful examples sir. They look like they were made yesterday. The ancient skills are amazing. I imagine they are not field finds. Those are the ones you took to the grave with yourself. Even when they were made they probably stood out as the best of the best in that generation. Nice to see them displayed for the public.
Thanks.

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
I will, having stopped in to drool on that case on more than one occassion, have to agree with everything Jon has said. They are incredible pieces of flint and I am glad he posted them.
Chuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread