Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy !
Sat in a deer stand for a couple of days and did not see any shooters so went and hit a local field around noon today. Not much found.They had just sown the winter wheat and the field was kinda muddy. Nothing great but man oh man was it good to get out and hunt. The best find was the flint cobble hammerstone. Have learned the small cobbles with the cortex on were used in knapping. They have flint in the middle and the soft cortex worked like an antler at grabing the material to flake it off. A broke Benton and a couple knifes and one fairly large exhausted tool.
The Farmer saw me out there and called me on my cell. I said ok.... so am I going to jail? He laughed and said the wife had dinner ready when I got done looking. Great folks ! Great meal. I love that southern hospitality.
Thanks for looking and look forward to many more hunts.
TnMountains

The field
100_2513.JPG

Muddy wash outs..
100_2504.JPG

Knife insitu
100_2508.JPG

Insitu,,Yayyy !
100_2510.JPG

Brokes I will take them
100_2501.JPG

Great Outdoors
100_2505.JPG

A worn out tool. Not a preform as you would expect.
100_2515.JPG

Broke Benton and some old kifes and that cobble and worn out tool. Fistfull of rocks : )
100_2520.JPG

Upvote 0

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
glad to see you got out over the holidays.good hunt and great pics!!pick and i got out alot this weekend,it was nice to be out huntn.wish we would have had some good grub being cooked up at the farmers kitchen. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Greg Pick and creekhunter. I thought it was pretty cool. My phone went off and the caller I.D said it was the farmer. I was like busted but they just wanted to share some hospitality. I do have permission to hunt there but its been plowed so deep so long everything is broke. Every now and then a good one will come out. The actuall site is a long narrow band that runs for about 500 yards. Being plowed its like 50 yards wide by 500 yards long. Pretty narrow considering the plow has dispersed it some. There are probably 7 to 10 other sites just like this within a mile and a half radius. A lot are now in pasture though. :icon_sunny:

Mentalfloss

May 9, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
i would say a fistfull of awesome. i love the pics of the area. I like to see the area and think of what if must of looked like in there day and try to see what they seen, anyways thanks for the pics

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mentalfloss said:
i would say a fistfull of awesome. i love the pics of the area. I like to see the area and think of what if must of looked like in there day and try to see what they seen, anyways thanks for the pics
Mentalfloss I think the same way.Sometimes it helps to imagine stuff like that when looking for sites.You stay safe Mentalfloss and appreciate your service. You get home we look forward to seeing your hunts. Thank you sir. :icon_salut:

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SoIll said:
Nice finds.
Do they really still plow there?
For corn???

Yes some places are still plowed or disced. It depends upon the farmer. Most are going to no till and drilling everything with a light discing once every three years.
Yes corn and soybean rotation in this area with a winter wheat inbetween. :icon_sunny:

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Looks as if you had a fine weekend as well ,.. that is a nice handful there TnMnt's . I like the mountain back drop there ,.. If you think about it ,. you can see some fine country here on the forum ,....Blindpig

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Nice post Tn, great finds, pictures, and story. Cant beat that southern hospitality. The topography in your area looks alot like here.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. It was fun to just launch myself out into that field hopeing to find just one.
:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions