Type opinions.

K

Keokukjeff

.............. :read2:
Har..................
That artifact could have been resharpened by a different culture.......................
I dont have a clue <<<cept.........Lanceolate
It is a nice point..........

wells

Mar 1, 2008
Middleburg, Pa.
Primary Interest:
Other
looks like a lerma. can you identify the material that it's made of? i have two lermas and both are made from flint from more than 500 miles away from where found.

F

Flintfinder of Mo.

Adam This is my guess. I have a couple that are identical to that one. They were typed by an authenticator as Sedalia blades. Just my 2 cents. Good luck John P.s the top two on the left.

Attachments

• some of my points 013.JPG
    some of my points 013.JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 404
P

pickaway

Rainbow Johnson said:
SRV said:
RJ, actually according to this link you are right in the distribution area for a Lerma Blade and I believe that just may be what you have.

http://www.projectilepoints.net/Pages/Searches/Points/Lerma.html

Also, are you going to make it to the Ripley show this year? It's on Feb 14th, Valentines Day.

I still haven't figured out my schedule Steve, will let you know before the time comes.

As for the link i've never used it before but after viewing it once I won't give it any credibility. Seriously a distribution of a mississippian era piece from Arizona to coastal Virginia to Nebraska to Georgia? What were they smoking and were can I get some! :headbang: This is total mis-information aka BS. Thanks anyway for looking it up.

thirty7 said:
Is it all there? almost looks like the remains of a stem towards your palm.

Karnak would be my guess.

http://www.projectilepoints.net/Pages/Searches/Points/Karnak.html

No stem on this one. The original bulb of percussion is on the point. It is 100% intact.
I agrre on the projectilepoints link terrible site. heres a better one, www.lithicsnet.com

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too would have said Lerma Adam but looking at Johns Sedalia's, anythings possible..lol
A nice find though. All depends of the area/state I guess, I'm not familar with your area.

Molly.

Michael Karr

Dec 2, 2006
HI ADAM! AFTER LOOKING AT YOUR POINT,AND THE VIDEO AND CONSIDERING THE AREA YOU HUNT I'M SAYING ADENA,,,JUST MY 2 CENTS,,,,,,MIKE :icon_sunny:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is a round base lerma, and I don't think it is a 1000 miles off base from your location. Lermas range did also include Indiana, I know they have been found in Missouri, Arkansas and Illinois.....

Mooch

Dec 14, 2008
I've seen similar points that have been found in Red Ocher sites. I would wonder if it wasn't something from that culture. Mooch

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have read books by Greg Perino, I also know lermas were found in Missouri, Arkansas and Illinois... I have several in my collection that came from Missouri/Illinois....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions