Strange Tool Need Help With the ID.

Nigel Tufnel

Sep 25, 2009
SOUTH Austin, Texas
Natural. This is a naturally created hole. I know some folks on here will say it is natural so I am getting that out of the way. Just in case it is not natural here is the story.

This is a heavy flint rock that was found near a natural pond buried in the mud after a few days of storms. It had worked flint pieces all around. As soon as I saw the main hole I thought this could be something cool. It had a mad encased round spot that I originally thought was just an ergonomic place for the thumb.

Upon further inspection I realized it was a cleared out hole that I delicately removed the mud from to find whatever this might be called. I have had guesses of a pipe, drinking/cooking tool, or a receptacle for medicine.

Attachments

• UNKNOWN TOOL..jpg
    UNKNOWN TOOL..jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 323
  • UNKNOWN TOOL 7.jpg
    UNKNOWN TOOL 7.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 324
  • UNKNOWN TOOL 5.jpg
    UNKNOWN TOOL 5.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 326
  • UNKNOWN TOOL 4.jpg
    UNKNOWN TOOL 4.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 316
  • UNKNOWN TOOL..jpg
    UNKNOWN TOOL..jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 325
  • UNKNOWN TOOL 7.jpg
    UNKNOWN TOOL 7.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 326
  • UNKNOWN TOOL 6.jpg
    UNKNOWN TOOL 6.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 324
  • UNKNOWN TOOL 5.jpg
    UNKNOWN TOOL 5.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 323
  • UNKNOWN TOOL 3.jpg
    UNKNOWN TOOL 3.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 325
  • UNKNOWN TOOL 2.jpg
    UNKNOWN TOOL 2.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 321
  • UNKNOWN TOOL 4.jpg
    UNKNOWN TOOL 4.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 324
Upvote 0

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
Yeah I have to agree natural.I have found some flint (raw )that has some kind of inclusion like yours but none with a tube.Very neat and would have came home with me too.It could be a trace fossil like a mud tube,or a softer stone that just does not have the staying power that flint has.Still pretty neat tho

P

pickaway

Neogeo said:
Yeah I have to agree natural.I have found some flint (raw )that has some kind of inclusion like yours but none with a tube.Very neat and would have came home with me too.It could be a trace fossil like a mud tube,or a softer stone that just does not have the staying power that flint has.Still pretty neat tho

i agree...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread