new collectors to the artifact world

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
its such a great feeling introducing people to the artifatc world, in the last month i have introduced 3 people . first i talk to them about it and then i will show some of my small collection, they get pumped up right away and want to go out that moment. lol. then from there its all luck. well one of my closest friends i took him about a month ago, this guy has it in him. every time we have gone out he has found at least 1 point. i got him to get a riker case and he is steadily adding to it 1 by one. i have taught him what i know and he now knows what to look for. its funny because now if one of us goes out without the other we get into name calling, friendly of course. here is the most cool part. this week when he went without me, he took his 6 year old, and guess what? he too found his first arrow head. like father like son, they both got the eye, and now there will be that bond where they can share a passion together. same as with my daughter and i. here is a pic of his sons first find that he had sent me :)

Attachments

• 021900_1946[00].jpg
    021900_1946[00].jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2009
Austin T.X.
I hear ya,It is a great feeling to introduce folks to this awesome field of collecting.All it takes is one good broke or point,and they are hooked for life.Cangrats and good luck.Neo :hello2:

F

Flintfinder of Mo.

It is a good feeling. Some of my buddys have been to the house and seen mine, and they say wow "Ive never found an arrowhead" To take someone to find their first, and see them do it, is awesome. I did a show for the cub scouts last summer, and I felt like a million dollars afterwards. It was easy, I just started pulling out points and talking about them. The kids had moved me back and had me in the corner. They loved it. I took a box of brokes, and every kid left with a couple brokes ones anyway. Call the schools, Cub Scouts, etc...

When I was in the 8th grade my history teacher had a guy come in with his collection, I had already found arrowheads with my cousin. When this guy brought his up and told me how old, point types etc. I was freakn hooked. Now I am hopeless. I do try to pay it forward. I like hearing bout the good stuff.

John

Jonzer

Feb 12, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Natural Eyeball Pressure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have similar experiences with my buddies. We have lived in central Illinois all of our lives and never realized that there are stone artifacts everywhere. I show my cases off to them and they are amazed and always ask to go hunting with me. There is just something about this hobby that facinates people.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread