finds from the KY cave shelters 2/20/10

wildcatman71

Apr 2, 2007
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300, Vintage Tesoro Sidewinder
We are finding some stuff in the shelters, but nothing complete this time. The owner told us that the shelter was used as shelter for hogs 70 years ago. So, with all the pig sloppin and rootin...we may have to dig a little deeper.... Here is the slint we found saturday. On the pic of the day section, I posted some pics and a video by the shelter. Thanks for lookin....

Attachments

• 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 616
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 628
  • 031.JPG
    031.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 610
  • 032.JPG
    032.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 619
Upvote 0

archer66

May 3, 2009
Northeast Missouri
Looks like a really good start to me. Was all of that material found on the surface or are you digging/sifting? Either way it's only a matter of time before you start finding some whole artifacts.

OP
OP
wildcatman71

wildcatman71

Apr 2, 2007
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
archer66 said:
Looks like a really good start to me. Was all of that material found on the surface or are you digging/sifting? Either way it's only a matter of time before you start finding some whole artifacts.

A little scraping just a few inches down, and a little sifting too. 2 weeks ago, we found a scraper blade and a complete point. But I know we have lots more work to do there.

OP
OP
wildcatman71

wildcatman71

Apr 2, 2007
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Thanks!! I can't get this place out of my head....going back the weekend after next....

flip

Jan 29, 2005
kansas city/ osceola missouri
Detector(s) used
garret deepseeker , ace 250, DMC11ba
Looks promising. Dig outside the shelter also. I spent about ten years working a shelter and found the most keepers in front of the opening. I'd still be there now if the owner hadn't died causing the property to change hands. The good stuff is more easily lost when dropped in snow, leaves, etc. good luck

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with what everyone said. Should be more there. Does not seem to have been dug or you would not be finding that stuff. Good luck and have fun!
TnMtns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread