Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy have I been missing T-Net and artifacts. Watching everyone posting and not having time to go was killing me. We have been flooded all winter but the water dropped and it was 32 degrees when I hitched the boat this morning.Just perfect. There are hundreds of trees down and washing out from the floods. I saw one boat all day and got a picture of his catch. For me it was a great day. I have not even attempted typology on all of these other than being stoked on getting the little Hamilton triangular. I hunted over a 10 mile stretch of friends muddy fields. Please feel free to give opinions on the one particular hornstone point from the insitu. Thanks everyone. Its good to be back !
TnMountains
000_0144.JPG
000_0145.JPG
What we call a turtle back scrapper
000_0147.JPG
000_0149.JPG
000_0153.JPG
Opinions please....
000_0146.JPG
000_0155.JPG
The high water on the banks of the fields.
000_0157.JPG
000_0158.JPG
Insitu and point.
000_0156.JPG
I kept seeing this guy checking his trot line. Stopped and talked to him he had a boat load of catfish.
100_2530.JPG
Total for the day some cool tools.
100_2533.JPG
My best find. Maybe?
HH
TnMountains

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Outstanding man, what a haul. Looks like you found your Clovis! Very nice point, is it fluted on both sides? Great triangle and that reddish point is sweet too. Good to see you back, thanks for sharing your hunt. I'm voting banner for that paleo piece.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I really like the reddish point too. Oh, that's a lot of good eating...love catfish.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thirty7 said:
Outstanding man, what a haul. Looks like you found your Clovis! Very nice point, is it fluted on both sides? Great triangle and that reddish point is sweet too. Good to see you back, thanks for sharing your hunt. I'm voting banner for that paleo piece.

I have been scared to say that word (Clovis). I have hunted this one point my whole life. I almost missed it and circled back and wormed the boat up in there and could see it before I got out. Its only fluted on one side. I still can't beleive it. Thank you for confirming 37.

coteau

Apr 12, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-TERRA 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks Clovis to me! :notworthy:

I'll be voting banner too.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coteau said:
Looks Clovis to me! :notworthy:

I'll be voting banner too.

I told uniface my goal was to hit true paleo this year I just never thought it would happen. Thank you.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thirty7 said:
Clovis insitu to boot, doesn't get much better than that.

I was not sure what it was but ran back to the boat for the camera before I picked it up. I am glad I did.
Thanks Viking I appreciate the comment. :hello:
TnMtns

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:
Nice finds, I really like the reddish point too. Oh, that's a lot of good eating...love catfish.

:wink: RR
River Rat
I watched that guy pull fish after fish in. I told him he was my hero. He said he would rather be on "The Deadliest Catch". He still had one more run to do. Thank you.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Wildcatman I covered some ground today.
Mike look forward to md'ing. Looking forward to the new arrival :thumbsup:
hh
TnMtns

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
Tn Mnts,

That is one heck of a hunt!! Great finds. The clovis would of had me ruined for the day. When I find something real good it is hard for me to concentrate because I am constantly looking at the one in my hand instead of the ground. It is a good problem to have though. That guys load of catfish is amazing. He really racked up on'em. I just saw a little platter of about 4 fillets at the grocery store that were priced at $6 something. They sure do taste good fried up with lemmon pepper.

Twig.

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
Nice TnMnt's ,... Glad you ran back for the camera ,. nice insitu paleo !! That tip ,.. j u s t ..covered by a bit of sand ..........is like a petty woman in a bikini ,.. just enough covered to really keep your attention ,and well ,... just makes your heart race .... ;D
:icon_thumright: ..Blindpig

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bent-Twig said:
Tn Mnts,

That is one heck of a hunt!! Great finds. The clovis would of had me ruined for the day. When I find something real good it is hard for me to concentrate because I am constantly looking at the one in my hand instead of the ground. It is a good problem to have though. That guys load of catfish is amazing. He really racked up on'em. I just saw a little platter of about 4 fillets at the grocery store that were priced at $6 something. They sure do taste good fried up with lemmon pepper.

Twig.

Haaa I refused to beleive it. I was in the state of denial all day until I could show it here and confirm it. It was all I could do to make a post,lol. I still don't beleive it to be honest. The guy fishing was pretty neat. A young guy. He said he got 50 cents a pound for them cleaned. The largest cat in that pic would go about 30 lbs. The blues are the best eating in my opinion.
Thanks Twig :hello:

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
blindpig said:
Nice TnMnt's ,... Glad you ran back for the camera ,. nice insitu paleo !! That tip ,.. j u s t ..covered by a bit of sand ..........is like a petty woman in a bikini ,.. just enough covered to really keep your attention ,and well ,... just makes your heart race .... ;D
:icon_thumright: ..Blindpig

Blindpig
I remember you saying one time that even a blind pig could find a nut every now and then !! :laughing7:
I took that to heart. Yeah these guys got me started taking insitu pictures last year. It was all I could do to not flip it right out. I watched it the whole time I went to the hatch to get the camera.
Yeah man, Paleo in America. That's as far back as we can go.(so the experts say).
Thank you I am stoked ! Keep waiting to hear it ain't so.
HH
TnMtns

JUNKYARD DOG

Feb 29, 2008
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
Now you are the dog for sure, man they is some very nice finds and pics. keep them coming... Congratulations TnMtns !!!! :hello2: Take care and good luck. JYD...

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JUNKYARD DOG said:
Now you are the dog for sure, man they is some very nice finds and pics. keep them coming... Congratulations TnMtns !!!! :hello2: Take care and good luck. JYD...

Woof Woof! JYD glad to see you back out also. I saw your hunt a little while ago. Nice!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread