Indian Chief Photos...

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indian Chief Photo's...

I thought maybe some of you collectors/hunters would like to see some cheif photo's...

Photo take circa 1885.

Standing L-R: Brave Chief (Pawnee), Eagle Chief (Pawnee), Knife Chief (Pawnee), Young Chief (Pawnee), Buffalo Bill Cody, American Horse (Oglala Lakota), Rocky Bear (Oglala Lakota), Flies Above (Oglala Lakota), Long Wolf (Oglala Lakota)

I used my photo software ( torn photo) for the bottom pic, I have decided to frame this pic for my Artifact room. I added it incase anyone would also like to frame it..

I'll be posting more soon...

Molly. :)

Attachments

• indian chiefs.jpg
    indian chiefs.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 7,733
  • indian chiefs- frame..jpg
    indian chiefs- frame..jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 12,157
Upvote 1

T Witko

Jul 22, 2010
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Other
Fool Bull, "Tatanka Witko", Brule Sioux Medicine Man (1844-1909)

In the early 70's I purchased a box of "stuff" at an auction and one of the items in it was an American Indian painting done on muslin depicting some kind of dance or ceremony with Tatonka Witko printed on it. This some of the info I've been able to find about him.

There is an attached document with more photos and additional info.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/a...71984-indian-chief-photos-fool-bull-tnet-.doc

Fool Bull, medicine man and warrior, holds his painted buffalo hide shield, which he carried in the Battle of Little Bighorn and a horse of the Dog Soldier Society. His shield may be an actual old war shield, it at least has a buckskin cover and not a muslin one like so many created during this period. Across his lap is a serrated whip made from a section of milled board, which he is holding by a fox or coyote skin wrist strap. This whip could have been related to his status as a Grass Dance whip man or to his membership in a warrior society. His claw necklace seems to be made of claws made from some material such as hoof or antler.
Photograph by John A. Anderson, 1900

Attachments

• TatankaWitko.jpg
    TatankaWitko.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 252
  • TatankaWitko2.jpg
    TatankaWitko2.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 521
  • Fool Bull(tnet).doc
    694 KB · Views: 143
  • TatankaWitko 1a.JPG
    TatankaWitko 1a.JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
N

natchitoches

i wonder what ever happen to Molly . i see its been about 10 mo. sence she was last on.
to you miss molly we miss you here at tnet.
and all your great posts

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know she moved back to England and I kept in touch with her for a while through emails and PM's, but I haven't heard from her in a very long time. Sure miss seeing her on here.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know she moved back to England and I kept in touch with her for a while through emails and PM's, but I haven't heard from her in a very long time. Sure miss seeing her on here.

I thought it was just for a while and she was coming back?? : (

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Photo taken in 1885 - Montreal, Canada. Sitting Bull (Hunkpapa Lakota), Buffalo Bill Cody..

"I am a red man. If the Great Spirit had desired me to be a white man he would have made me so in the first place. He put in your heart certain wishes and plans, in my heart he put other and different desires. Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for Eagles to be Crows. We are poor..but we are free. No white man controls our footsteps. If we must die...we die defending our rights."

Amazing quote, still holds true today. Some people in the U.S. today think that everyone should go to college, but it is not necessary for Eagles to be Crows or anyone who would rather be a tradesman to be college educated. I'll stop now at the stupidity.

Horrible atrocities commited against these people, things that America should be ashamed of, but is not.

Great pics-had posters of Sitting Bull and Red Cloud in my family room growing up. Instead of Disney for summer vacation my family went out west to CO, WY, SD etc. to visit (among other things) Indian sites.

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Running Antilope- (Hunkpapa-Lakota)-1872.
Walking Shooter- (Hunkpapa-Lakota)- 1872.
Hunkpapa-Lakota-Headress.
This picture of Running Antelope was used as the model for the engraving of the 1899 US $5 Silver Certificate. The engraver of the bill, however, put a Pawnee headdress on him since it seemed to the engraver to be more majestic, impressive or beautiful than a Sioux headdress. This caused some upset among the Indians.

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the early 70's I purchased a box of "stuff" at an auction and one of the items in it was an American Indian painting done on muslin depicting some kind of dance or ceremony with Tatonka Witko printed on it. This some of the info I've been able to find about him.

There is an attached document with more photos and additional info.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/a...71984-indian-chief-photos-fool-bull-tnet-.doc

Fool Bull, medicine man and warrior, holds his painted buffalo hide shield, which he carried in the Battle of Little Bighorn and a horse of the Dog Soldier Society. His shield may be an actual old war shield, it at least has a buckskin cover and not a muslin one like so many created during this period. Across his lap is a serrated whip made from a section of milled board, which he is holding by a fox or coyote skin wrist strap. This whip could have been related to his status as a Grass Dance whip man or to his membership in a warrior society. His claw necklace seems to be made of claws made from some material such as hoof or antler.
Photograph by John A. Anderson, 1900

Awesome acquisition. Amazing.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
read " a good day to die" written about the life of Grey Wolf, Crazy Horse's childhood friend. Grey Wolf's granddaughter co wrote it with Him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions