A triangle point and some native lore

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
Hope you all had a good weekend. I got out Saturday and found a nice little triangle point--Levanna type, Woodland era. Here it is with another Levanna from the same field (left), and a Susquehanna Broadpoint (center).

On Easter I went to Sunbury, PA to visit family and ran into this neat landmark. It's called Shikellamy's Profile. Shikellamy was an Iroquois representative in PA who worked with William Penn and other English colonizers. You can supposedly see his profile in the mountain... with a little imagination...

Attachments

• SDC10515a.JPG
    SDC10515a.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 336
  • SDC10509a.JPG
    SDC10509a.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 340
Upvote 0

timtreasure

Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
none right now....but looking for one
Hey, I see it...I see it...............Oh, wait a minute that is my reflection on the screen Tim

artorius

Jul 30, 2008
Pennsylvania
That is a pretty little triangle. I am happy these days to find a single point of that quality in a full day's, diligent search.

artorius

Lone Star

Jan 6, 2010
North of the Balcones Escarpment
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy that sure looks like the pennsy side of the delaware river near minisink island.. Did a lot of walking around there when I lived in NJ. Saw a bunch of college digs there too. The whole place is now federal property as they never built the dam ( The tocks Island project) My friends all had their houses and properties taken over and buldozed.
One day while fishing I even bumped into some indians having their yearly pow wow. Cool pics, thanks G.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pics. My dad was an old french indian dutch raised up on that river. His Grandmother was a Iroquois by the name of Goodlander. Nice to see pictures. I have always wanted to visit the area from all the stories he would tell us when we were kids. Sounded majical and haunting up there.
Nice triangle !!
TnMtns

F

Felinepeachy

I see it. That's very cool!! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• SDC10509a.JPG
    SDC10509a.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 263
OP
OP
MarkDz

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
Hi... thanks for the replies! I find that a lot of the Susquehanna riverbank looks like this, no matter where you are. It might be the same for the Delaware... not too far away. I like it a lot here. Lots of history and it's very pretty and calm.

Nice to see your interpretation Felinepeachy. Ironically, it's completely different from what I saw. Here's my idea of the profile. I might have to reevaluate mine... yours looks better!

Attachments

• SDC10509a.JPG
    SDC10509a.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 221

chartreusefreak

Tenderfoot
Oct 7, 2012
I used to live in Sunbury and MarkDz has the right idea of the profile. Its best to view the profile in the winter so you don't have leaves covering the profile. On front street in Sunbury is a viewing platform which is just a few blocks south of where a historical marker, marks the site of Shikellamys burial spot. The Hunter House and Museum also has relics on display which were taken from his grave.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds, and the profile is cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread