Please Help, Searching the Uwharrie

t120tr6r

Jul 10, 2004
Yadkinville N.C.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi, My name is Shane and I and taking The wife and little girl camping in the Uwharrie this weekend. I need help finding a good place to sluice, pan, camp maybe even find an arrowhead or artifact. I have been reasearching like crazy but there isnt a lot of info about eastern gold. I have been hunting for gold at the Low Water Bridge several times and always found color, but I would like to find a smaller stream where we can set up camp. It must be inside the park of coarse so I was thinking somewhere along Horsepen Creek or maybe Moccasin creek. I would appreciate any suggestions. My little girl has her heart set on finding an arrow point. She searches every rock pile, even at the home depot! If anyone could suggest a good place to look we would be very grateful. Thank you in advance and the best of luck to you all.

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Shane
I would post this one in the gold prospecting section here on t-net. Those guys are good with placer deposits. I have always wanted to visit Morrow and Kings mtn nearby. I could not find out exactly where to pan either but guess thas because it gold hunting. I saw on artifacts no digging or metal detecting unless you have permission :icon_scratch: which it sounds like you do. Kinda knowing the topography I might look for creeks off of shelters. These were all volcanic mtns so should be some pretty places to see. Sounds like you can get back in there with horse or 4 wheeler. Pretty user friendly place I would think. New laws allow you to carry protection now in the parks and that a good thing.
Good Luck!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread