Last Few Hunts

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
How's it going? Been busy lately but have made some time to do some headhunting the last couple weeks. The heat is on and the water is finally coming down a bit. Yesterday I found a quarry spot on the river with flakes of unusual materials every couple of steps, didn't find anything whole just two heartbreakers, one is paleo I think. I did find a very small point that is fluted to the tip and a couple scrapers, the larger may be a limace or humpback tool, I'm not sure. Also two small blades. Thanks for looking, HH

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Thanks uniface and viking. I usually don't bring home flakes unless the material is interesting and different. Couple more insitus.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey you did ok. I have been on three hunts and have yet anything really worth posting. Some tools and turtle back scrapers. Been slow and hot here glad to see you are doing well with your finds :thumbsup:
Stay cool
TnMtns

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Nice hunt!

That little fluted piece is fluted from the tip down vs from the base to the tip. It could be an odd impact fracture or an intentional flute.

I've got a little Clovis point that is like that, fluted from the tip on one side and fluted towards the tip on the other.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Thanks Joshua and creek and Tn. I think you're right about tip down fluting on that little guy or impact fracture. It's kind of an unusual piece, with a heavily ground base, and serrations on one side and just a half of an inch in length. Like to see your similar piece some time. I found a small preform last year that was fluted from the tip down, and fluted from the base up, both on one side with a small gap they couldn't take off. It is made from the same material as the small one. These odd pieces really make you think about the decisions the ancient maker put into them.

I went out early this morning before the heat and found these. A heartbreaker jasper piece that would have been a beauty. A core and a couple bladelets and a couple decent triangles. I'll just post them here instead of starting a new topic.

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
thirty, looks like some fun for sure. We still going kayaking??

Chuck

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Thanks musky and Chuck. As far as I know the float trip is still on Chuck, just trying to firm up a specific time and place in the near future with Greg. Mid July through October is looking good for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread