616.1 KB · Views: 1,454
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a nice cache of Adena Blades. What general area of Adams county did you find them in. I know a couple of guys that found a cache very similar to yours down around Manchester except theirs was well over 100 Blades. They found a few scattered on the surface and probed to find the rest. If I remember they were only about 18 inches below the surface.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will take a pile of rocks like that anytime. Welcome to T-Net and artifacts :thumbsup:

OP
OP
catherine1

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the comments. I have had a couple of offers on these blades from dealers. But I am afraid they will break the set up. Trying to find someone who will keep them together. I also have a great adena point that I will post later today. I lost my job last summer and any proceeds from artifacts need to go to child support---children first. Love this web site!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
catherine1 said:
Thanks for all the comments. I have had a couple of offers on these blades from dealers. But I am afraid they will break the set up. Trying to find someone who will keep them together. I also have a great adena point that I will post later today. I lost my job last summer and any proceeds from artifacts need to go to child support---children first. Love this web site!

Did you look to see if there was more in the cache?

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Great find, caches are getting scarce. So what kind of materials are we looking at here? Is the dark flint Sonora or Hornstone? Is the light stuff Boyle chert or Delaware? Ohio guys?

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job! Very impressive find. :icon_thumleft:

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thirty7 said:
Great find, caches are getting scarce. So what kind of materials are we looking at here? Is the dark flint Sonora or Hornstone? Is the light stuff Boyle chert or Delaware? Ohio guys?

Looks like the bulk of the Adena Cache is Hornstone. I'm not familiar with other chert but I am familiar with Hornstone and the Rhine that is left on them. I've seen it on a couple of Turkeytails I use to own, and in a collection that I purchased. I would have to agree with the assessment that they are Adena. I would be hitting that spot and digging to find more. Nice find Catherine.....................GTP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread