NORTH CAROLINA STONE TOOLS

27davis

May 16, 2009
Greenville, NC
Primary Interest:
Other
THIS IS A FRAME OF POINTS AND TOOLS AND ALSO A BANNERSTONE, ALL WERE FOUND IN PITT COUNTY , NORTH CAROLINA. ALL ITEMS IN THIS FRAME WERE FOUND IN PLOWED FIELDS, AFTER A GOOD RAIN. THE BANNERSTONE IS ON THE BOTTOM LEFT.

Attachments

• ARTIFACT ROOM 007.JPG
    ARTIFACT ROOM 007.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 974
Upvote 0

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can I ask you for close ups of the point to the right in the center. It looks like possibly a Rhyollite Cumberland point. Is it fluted on both sides. If so for a crude Rhyollite Cumberland it is absolutely beautiful. The material is all that holds it back. I would appreciate it if you could post larger close ups of that point. Thanks and that is a beautiful frame of artifacts.................GTP.........

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Guilfords.

I'm off to NC end of this month, back to my ole haunt, hope i find lots. Although I have many Guilfords, I hope I find more..

Thanks for sharin

Molly.

OP
OP

27davis

May 16, 2009
Greenville, NC
Primary Interest:
Other
Get-the-point said:
Can I ask you for close ups of the point to the right in the center. It looks like possibly a Rhyollite Cumberland point. Is it fluted on both sides. If so for a crude Rhyollite Cumberland it is absolutely beautiful. The material is all that holds it back. I would appreciate it if you could post larger close ups of that point. Thanks and that is a beautiful frame of artifacts.................GTP.........
THE POINT TO THE RIGHT IS ONLY FLUTED ON ONE SIDE, A NICE FIELD FIND. HERE IS A CLOSE UP PICTURE, OF THIS POINT.

Attachments

• ARTIFACT ROOM 007.JPG
    ARTIFACT ROOM 007.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 827
  • ARTIFACT ROOM 007.JPG
    ARTIFACT ROOM 007.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 290

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After looking at it further it does look like a cumberland point. The ears are pronounced enough and i can see basal grinding........................The picture is a little blurry but I am pretty sure of it. Why don't you take it out of the frame and post it by itself with a title like "Cumberland point????" and people will tell you what they think. I personally feel that is a cumberland point and almost flawless as is. A nice personal find. I wish I could find one. I have owned them before but never found one.........GTP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions