AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Newt's first Clovis

Nice pulltab in the first pic. Congrats on the nice find. What part of GA you from?

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spectacular point Newt, I'd voted Banner but ur already up there! :headbang: :wink: :wink:

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome point Newt :hello2: Congrats on Banner :icon_king:

The 1st find pic is really cool :icon_sunny: I'm not sure I would have had the patience to take a pic prior to recovery ;D

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Congratulations on finding a sweeeeeeeeet clovis & for making the banner! :headbang: Breezie

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Congrats on the point and the banner.

NJ

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)

haha awesome!!!!!! overhere i dance on the sand when find something like that or even close, how did you dance in water???? did ya skip? :headbang:

OP
OP
Newt

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon

chong2 said:
haha awesome!!!!!! overhere i dance on the sand when find something like that or even close, how did you dance in water???? did ya skip? :headbang:

At first, I was looking around to spot one of my buddies giggling in the woods.
It actually didn't set in until the responses here.
And the Banner of course. ;D
Newt

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:hello2: :hello2: Fantastic find :hello2: :hello2: Knap hunters will sometimes spend their whole lives en quest of a Clovis and never be fulfilled. Good on ya.

Stryker

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)

sweet bro:) i know the feeling :) congrats one more time:) fifteen years = many many miles of walking 4 that sucker:)

filemaker01

Jun 2, 2010

There are actually a lot more of these around than you may think. Clovis like most other forms of human who traded goods, just like humans today, for over a thousand years in the USA Canada and Mexico. If they would have had a better writing system, would have had their own version of explorer who found the new world for them. Clovis usually looked for deposits of materials they used such as churt, flint, other rocks that would chip and leave a razor edge. Where ever you find these huge deposits, you can bet there are Clovis points around. There's many deposits around Lake County CA where there were actually large numbers of Clovis who manufactured the points then distrbuted all over California in markets or Clovid people would trek to where the points were made and traded and even put in orders as to how many they wanted. Even Clovis had an employment and market system. If their frontal lobes of their brains were any bigger, they would have been planning trips to Mars long go.

SoIll

Oct 6, 2008
Il

filemaker01 said:
There are actually a lot more of these around than you may think. Clovis like most other forms of human who traded goods, just like humans today, for over a thousand years in the USA Canada and Mexico. If they would have had a better writing system, would have had their own version of explorer who found the new world for them. Clovis usually looked for deposits of materials they used such as churt, flint, other rocks that would chip and leave a razor edge. Where ever you find these huge deposits, you can bet there are Clovis points around. There's many deposits around Lake County CA where there were actually large numbers of Clovis who manufactured the points then distrbuted all over California in markets or Clovid people would trek to where the points were made and traded and even put in orders as to how many they wanted. Even Clovis had an employment and market system. If their frontal lobes of their brains were any bigger, they would have been planning trips to Mars long go.

AHHH...Thanks I needed that. :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread