:D folsum ;)

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
k, i posted this guy up yesterday, and had them remove the post because i didnt want the whole negative feedback thing that had happened with my Cody Piece.
Then i woke up today and relised, this place is what used to give me inspiration to go out and hunt, and i would like others to get that inspiration that you all gave me in the past. so say what you would like to say about this, but all in all its a wonderful piece. And yes it was found.
It exhibits the typical desert polish, and does not have the "classic" river stain or patina you find towards the east.
Flute is full on one side, and the other, its hard to tell, seems to have flute that may go all the way up towards on the right hand side, but it is visable 1/4 way up. micro flaking all the way around except a small portion right before one of the ears, also exhibits basal grinding 1/2 way up on both sides.
:icon_sunny:
Please enjoy this piece
http://archaeology.about.com/od/fterms/qt/folsom.htm

Attachments

• side b1.JPG
    side b1.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 3,916
  • side a1.JPG
    side a1.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 3,882
  • side b2.JPG
    side b2.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 3,908
  • side a2.JPG
    side a2.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 3,883
  • side b4.JPG
    side b4.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 3,842
  • grinding.JPG
    grinding.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 3,827
  • side b1.JPG
    side b1.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 3,896
  • side a1.JPG
    side a1.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 3,889
  • side b2.JPG
    side b2.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 3,860
  • side a2.JPG
    side a2.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 3,869
  • side b4.JPG
    side b4.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 3,848
  • grinding.JPG
    grinding.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 3,810
Upvote 0

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
You are one lucky dog chong …it’s a super find!

It most likely had more length when originally made but the bottom line is that it’s a nice intact Folsom point, a very rare find. In fact, I have seen more intact Clovis points posted on Tnet than intact Folsoms and in my opinion it's a banner find.

11KBP

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
what did i miss something?post away who cares what some jealous people think.nice flint

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
the more i look at it, it looks fake!no man i'm just fn with ya.thats sweet i've found 4 broke ones and one broke clovis.how much would that cost if you were to part with it?everybody has a price,lol.guess if i found it i'd let it go for about 6000 or it would just stay in my frame.everytime i look at it it gets better,thanks for the pics.

Bagman13

Apr 9, 2009
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero; Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer.....banner.......

Jonzer

Feb 12, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Natural Eyeball Pressure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the rarest pieces one could find.
If this is not banner worthy, no indian artifact is.
Congrats on the find of a lifetime chong.

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Neanderthal said:
chong2 said:
haha, kiss my azz mat!!!!!!! man, i was on all night last night to show ya, but then i had to leave the house, it was early on in the night tho !! im super stoked, i finally got one man!!! now ill hope for a lienerman flaked one!!!! (i know i didnt spell that right)

Ha, Congrats Brandon! I didn't get on until late last night, so missed it. That's a helluva piece, and you seem to have helluva luck - I see a Lindenmeier in your future.

Matt, i knew i didnt spell it right, thanks for the wishes, i know there is one out there because my friend found a fragment months ago!!!

uniface said:
That's TWO Once-in-a-lifetimers now !

Want to branch out into Penna. lottery numbers ? :laughing7:

Thanks uni, ill try the NM #'s first, if i hit , then ill branch out :P 2 life timers gets me excited, its all about the luck, mind over matter :)

mainer said:
That thing is beyond awesome. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
Thank you Mainer!!!!

Molly said:
Neanderthal said:
Pretty darned ugly point there Brandon, looks like a miniature boat. Send it here and I'll put some notches in that critter for ya!

Can I have it? ;D

Too funny. ;D

That is a beautiful point hon. The material & the way the flute runs straight up reminds me of a Gunther I brought off Matt, long time ago. One doesn't find points like that very often. It would go nice in a frame on its own, papered. Congrats sweetie !!

As for the negotive comments you had, If ya'll aint got nothing nice to say keep your mouths shut !

If you don't we will all know that ya'll are just jealous.

That point is authentic & Chong found it, so get over it.

Molly.
Thank you Molly, And thank you for the kind words, and saying what needed to be said for me!!! I love the idea of a frame of its own and a paper to go with it, that is what i will do, with red backing, i think it will bring the black out, its awesome material, it has timy white flakes all through it!!!!

TnMountains said:
Time to change up the Avatar of yours to "Folsum Finder". Congratulations Chong. You have been close with some bases of them as well. Only a matter of time. I am happy for you. :icon_sunny:
This is where we all share our finds and I get a lot of inspiration from seeing every find.
Hopefully I will have a post in the next day or two. I have been inspired!! :laughing7:
HH
TnMtns

TN, i already changed my Avatar :) I hope you get time to get away from the deer and get your eyes on the ground today or this week!!!!! Oh, did you ever get that camel bak?

sandcreek4 said:
Congrats on finding such a wonderful artifact, chong! Just think, the paleoindians were hunting giant bison with those :o ....The only thing that would make that piece better would be if you had found it embedded in a bison bone :D .
I'm so glad you re-posted it :thumbsup: .

sandcreek~~
sandcreek, OOOOOOO that would be heck of a find, i remember hearing of a bell, or andice or calf creek embedded in one, i think it turned to be bunk, but god....... that would be insian to find a Folsom embedded, thanks again!

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just glad you posted it is all. We don't see points like that too often.

Congrats again sweetie.

Molly. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
JUNKYARD DOG said:
man o man o man, fantastic find. :headbang: JYD...
Thank you Junkyard, you always have great things to say, :icon_thumleft:

musky44 said:
i agree with everyone else that is a beautiful piece. glad u posted it. u know its real, who gives a darn what anyone else thinks.
Musky, yeah, i dont care anymore, the thriss is finding it sharing with you guys, and especially sharing with me friends that go hunting with me, i think they are going out today, i got thier blood pumping, hopefully they will do good as well!
archer66 said:
Congrats on a fantastic fnd......whole lotta history in that little folsom.

Would you mind telling us a bit about how and where you found it? What kind of site? Were you digging and sifting? Surface find?
Archer, it was of course a surface find, there was no indications of occupation where it was found, kinda just random. i didnt find anything all day, and did the classic, ok, one more spot b4 i head back, and sure enough, there it was, i opened my mouth and gasped and dropped to my knee's."like the "Cody" end of day. i sat there for a few mins b4 even touching it, and the whole time a had a huge smile on my face, the really exciting part was i kept thinking please have a huge flute on the other side, please.... kinda like when you find one half burried and you hope its whole b4 you pull it out, and when i picked it up a FULL flute, o man, that really made my day, as soon as i got back i started making phone calls and telling everyone, lol i even showed me sepperated wife, and she is not into these but she said omg, you finally found a Folsom. I used to tell her i would always find one, and well.......:) hehe too bad we are not still together ;) One of my friends has been trying to get me to go digging on some sites in Texas, we are going to try that later this year when it cools off, i have never had a chance to dig for flint, i cant wait.
Ohioan said:
I guess I would keep that if I found it. :dontknow:

:icon_thumleft:
Ohio, yeah.......... i thought long and hard if it were a keeper ;)
11KBP said:
You are one lucky dog chong …it’s a super find!

It most likely had more length when originally made but the bottom line is that it’s a nice intact Folsom point, a very rare find. In fact, I have seen more intact Clovis points posted on Tnet than intact Folsoms and in my opinion it's a banner find.

11KBP
11 Thank you!!!!! I too, honestly cannot recall a complete Folsom being posted up on here, a lot of the members on here that do post are more Easternly than me, maybe thats why there are mostly clivis types, i think it would look nice up there as well :D from what i have read, people have searched lifetimes and found tons of fragments but, very rare to find a whole one. I did meet this one guy from my area that found 4 complete ones, years ago, he showed me 3 of them, he sold the 4th a long time ago. I believe it was Baker that wrote on how rare complete ones are to find, i believe it was his father that found 100's of fragments but never a complete one.
and yes, i believe it was much longer, and the reworked the base when i snapped off, due the the basal micro flaking.

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
steve71 said:
the more i look at it, it looks fake!no man i'm just fn with ya.thats sweet i've found 4 broke ones and one broke clovis.how much would that cost if you were to part with it?everybody has a price,lol.guess if i found it i'd let it go for about 6000 or it would just stay in my frame.everytime i look at it it gets better,thanks for the pics.

Thank ypou steve, im not sure, everything has a value, and some collectors will put out big $$$$ for what they desire, i dont wanna place a value on this guy, i just want to cherish it and let others enjoy it as well. It wont be just hanging on my wall, i can tell you that;)

Molly said:
I vote BANNER too.

Molly.
Bagman13 said:
Killer.....banner.......
Jonzer said:
One of the rarest pieces one could find.
If this is not banner worthy, no indian artifact is.
Congrats on the find of a lifetime chong.
Thanks guys, i would vote too, but........ it "dosent make sense : :P lets see what happens :D

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
jonzer, thanks!!!!!!i was thinking the same thing, i cant recall a complete folsom that was a recent find ever even posted up on tn, maybe not enough votes? or i may have made someone mad??? :dontknow: i really dont know.......

tree, sorry buddy, but that lil guy is in my special frame where its gonna stay!!! 8)

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
or maybe its cause i didnt wanna show the insitu?

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find man. That is a beauty. Again I really need to go out on a hunt with you :laughing7: That is one awesome hunting ground you have chong. I hope to see more of these beauties that you will eventually find. Hope all is good with ya............GTP..........

SoIll

Oct 6, 2008
Il
I'd say they don't want two fluted points up there because of the hissy-fit the mders threw over the last few banners.

It is what it is; congrats on the find of a lifetime. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread