:D folsum ;)

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
k, i posted this guy up yesterday, and had them remove the post because i didnt want the whole negative feedback thing that had happened with my Cody Piece.
Then i woke up today and relised, this place is what used to give me inspiration to go out and hunt, and i would like others to get that inspiration that you all gave me in the past. so say what you would like to say about this, but all in all its a wonderful piece. And yes it was found.
It exhibits the typical desert polish, and does not have the "classic" river stain or patina you find towards the east.
Flute is full on one side, and the other, its hard to tell, seems to have flute that may go all the way up towards on the right hand side, but it is visable 1/4 way up. micro flaking all the way around except a small portion right before one of the ears, also exhibits basal grinding 1/2 way up on both sides.
:icon_sunny:
Please enjoy this piece
http://archaeology.about.com/od/fterms/qt/folsom.htm

Attachments

• side b1.JPG
    side b1.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 3,916
  • side a1.JPG
    side a1.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 3,882
  • side b2.JPG
    side b2.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 3,908
  • side a2.JPG
    side a2.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 3,883
  • side b4.JPG
    side b4.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 3,842
  • grinding.JPG
    grinding.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 3,827
  • side b1.JPG
    side b1.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 3,896
  • side a1.JPG
    side a1.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 3,889
  • side b2.JPG
    side b2.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 3,860
  • side a2.JPG
    side a2.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 3,869
  • side b4.JPG
    side b4.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 3,848
  • grinding.JPG
    grinding.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 3,810
Upvote 0

celtex

Oct 25, 2009
Texas Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, XLT; ACE 250;Bounty Hunter,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good job on the find and banner!

Do see any of the turmoil from the south we are hearing about in your adventures? How safe is your hunting considering where you hunt?

Just be careful down there. I am all the way up in the Panhandle so we are pretty insulated from the really crappy stuff.

Discrimination Dave

Sep 18, 2008
Primary Interest:
Other
celtex said:
good job on the find and banner!

Do see any of the turmoil from the south we are hearing about in your adventures? How safe is your hunting considering where you hunt?

Just be careful down there. I am all the way up in the Panhandle so we are pretty insulated from the really crappy stuff.
Check out his avatar. He is picking off charging Cartel hit men!
One question: copper or green antler tine?

sidmind

Nov 10, 2008
Nice! looks like one I have seen before found in Oklahoma. Matt has seen it.
Congrats.

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N.J.THer said:
Excellent point...it is finds like this that makes me want to take up the hobby of looking for points. Doing that and metal detect would probably cause a divorce...lol. I guess I'll just have to figure out a way to get the wife interested.
NJ

Boy you aint kidding NJ.THER. I want a detector but the misses would freak if I was out doing that everyday. It's bad enough that I have to hear it about artifact hunting and the "STONES" That litter the house. Not only that I hear it on the "JUNK" I bring home from Antiquing. I think a metal detector with all the rusty gold would make her go insane!!!!..........lol.............I live in Pa now but if you ever want to go on a hunt just let me know and next time I go, i'll let ya know.................GTP.....

P.S. Just Remember to Duck when ya tell her!!!

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get-the-point said:
N.J.THer said:
Excellent point...it is finds like this that makes me want to take up the hobby of looking for points. Doing that and metal detect would probably cause a divorce...lol. I guess I'll just have to figure out a way to get the wife interested.
NJ

Boy you aint kidding NJ.THER. I want a detector but the misses would freak if I was out doing that everyday. It's bad enough that I have to hear it about artifact hunting and the "STONES" That litter the house. Not only that I hear it on the "JUNK" I bring home from Antiquing. I think a metal detector with all the rusty gold would make her go insane!!!!..........lol.............I live in Pa now but if you ever want to go on a hunt just let me know and next time I go, i'll let ya know.................GTP.....

P.S. Just Remember to Duck when ya tell her!!!

My new strategy is to get my daughter interested then I can just say I'm supporting our children's interests...lol.

NJ

P.S. Gold does not rust and if you had piles lying around I'm sure she would not mind... :wink:

P.S.S. Got the duck thing down from years of experience...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread