:D folsum ;)

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
k, i posted this guy up yesterday, and had them remove the post because i didnt want the whole negative feedback thing that had happened with my Cody Piece.
Then i woke up today and relised, this place is what used to give me inspiration to go out and hunt, and i would like others to get that inspiration that you all gave me in the past. so say what you would like to say about this, but all in all its a wonderful piece. And yes it was found.
It exhibits the typical desert polish, and does not have the "classic" river stain or patina you find towards the east.
Flute is full on one side, and the other, its hard to tell, seems to have flute that may go all the way up towards on the right hand side, but it is visable 1/4 way up. micro flaking all the way around except a small portion right before one of the ears, also exhibits basal grinding 1/2 way up on both sides.
:icon_sunny:
Please enjoy this piece
http://archaeology.about.com/od/fterms/qt/folsom.htm

Attachments

• side b1.JPG
    side b1.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 3,916
  • side a1.JPG
    side a1.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 3,882
  • side b2.JPG
    side b2.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 3,908
  • side a2.JPG
    side a2.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 3,883
  • side b4.JPG
    side b4.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 3,842
  • grinding.JPG
    grinding.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 3,827
  • side b1.JPG
    side b1.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 3,896
  • side a2.JPG
    side a2.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 3,869
  • side b2.JPG
    side b2.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 3,860
  • side a1.JPG
    side a1.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 3,889
  • side b4.JPG
    side b4.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 3,848
  • grinding.JPG
    grinding.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 3,810
Upvote 0
OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
im going to leave this one up here this time, I PROMISE:) and sorry for u guys that already had posted positive comments that i had to delete

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Missed the drama yesterday :dontknow:

SO glad you re-thought sharing this beauty, look how thin it is! That's wonderful, I liked looking at it :thumbsup:

flintdigger

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2010
I must have missed it when it was originally posted, I don't know what the controversy over the point was but that look's like a nice thin point to me. :hello:

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
hey guys, sorry there was no controversy, but after i posted yesterday i just remembered when i posted up my eden piece that i also found, i was getting bashed left and right about it being fake, and i got it papered just to prove it was real.

this piece is wonderful and i have been blessed to find it, i just wanted to keep it positive :) i hope others will start posting up pics of their fantastic finds!!!!!

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking Folsom chong. Congrats on the killer find.

I know what you mean about getting blasted for your finds. I had a couple people on here question my finds because I wasn't getting in situs of everything that I found and I was having a great year finding lots of killer stuff. I didn't get in situs because at the time all I had was an $850 Nikon that I didn't like taking into the field with me. We have since cleared the air, but I too didn't like being called out on my finds.

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
no i totally understand steve, its always great seeing them how found, but if anyone wanted they could just lay a piece out somewhere and get a "insitu".
i quit doing the insitu pics for a number of reasons.
so lets give this bad boy some praise ;D

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Pretty darned ugly point there Brandon, looks like a miniature boat. Send it here and I'll put some notches in that critter for ya!

Can I have it? ;D

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
haha, kiss my azz mat!!!!!!! man, i was on all night last night to show ya, but then i had to leave the house, it was early on in the night tho !! im super stoked, i finally got one man!!! now ill hope for a lienerman flaked one!!!! (i know i didnt spell that right)

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
chong2 said:
haha, kiss my azz mat!!!!!!! man, i was on all night last night to show ya, but then i had to leave the house, it was early on in the night tho !! im super stoked, i finally got one man!!! now ill hope for a lienerman flaked one!!!! (i know i didnt spell that right)

Ha, Congrats Brandon! I didn't get on until late last night, so missed it. That's a helluva piece, and you seem to have helluva luck - I see a Lindenmeier in your future.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That thing is beyond awesome. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neanderthal said:
Pretty darned ugly point there Brandon, looks like a miniature boat. Send it here and I'll put some notches in that critter for ya!

Can I have it? ;D

Too funny. ;D

That is a beautiful point hon. The material & the way the flute runs straight up reminds me of a Gunther I brought off Matt, long time ago. One doesn't find points like that very often. It would go nice in a frame on its own, papered. Congrats sweetie !!

As for the negotive comments you had, If ya'll aint got nothing nice to say keep your mouths shut !

If you don't we will all know that ya'll are just jealous.

That point is authentic & Chong found it, so get over it.

Molly.

Attachments

• mammoth.gif
    mammoth.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 3,803
  • mammoth.gif
    mammoth.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 3,799

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time to change up the Avatar of yours to "Folsum Finder". Congratulations Chong. You have been close with some bases of them as well. Only a matter of time. I am happy for you. :icon_sunny:
This is where we all share our finds and I get a lot of inspiration from seeing every find.
Hopefully I will have a post in the next day or two. I have been inspired!! :laughing7:
HH
TnMtns

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on finding such a wonderful artifact, chong! Just think, the paleoindians were hunting giant bison with those :o ....The only thing that would make that piece better would be if you had found it embedded in a bison bone :D .
I'm so glad you re-posted it :thumbsup: .

sandcreek~~

musky44

Jan 29, 2010
west viginia
i agree with everyone else that is a beautiful piece. glad u posted it. u know its real, who gives a darn what anyone else thinks.

archer66

May 3, 2009
Northeast Missouri
Congrats on a fantastic fnd......whole lotta history in that little folsom.

Would you mind telling us a bit about how and where you found it? What kind of site? Were you digging and sifting? Surface find?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread