? obout copper culture artifacts

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
I live in upper Mich. and there are a number of people finding copper spear points and sewing needles in this area, Menominee. just wondering where this copper will come in, being oxidized in the ground for 2000 to 7ooo, years. i use the qxt pro and the local park is extremely trashy, hard to set up the g-b,and presently have only the stock coil, like an idiot i sold my 6.5 and 8 with my quantum qt last year. last year i found some copper but just looked pounded. and copper isn't natural here its from up north in the copper country and isle royal

Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can't help you, thompy....but if someone doesn't help you up here....you might want to post the same question down in the American Indian Artifacts board. Good Luck!

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
THOMPY, VERY INTERESTING, Keep Us Posted. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 025.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 025.gif
    2.5 KB · Views: 549
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 025.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 025.gif
    2.5 KB · Views: 550

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Hi Thompy,
While hunting today ,I just happened to run into an archeologist who hunts copper relics in Northern Wisconsin and Upper Michigan. This guy is 76 years old and has been in the field for over 45 years. Anyway, I asked him what he sets his metal detector on and he said copper. He discriminates everything else out ,but said if you cant do that on yours to set it on penny. He said he hunts the river banks and actually wears waders and walks the rivers when low. I asked him what his best find was and hahaha...he said all of them and has a three thousand plus spearpoint and copper relic collection. Cool Hey???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread