Past Three Days

RichPA

Sep 21, 2009
I’m trying to take advantage of the low water conditions before the leaves start to fall. The point with the serrated edges is similar to one found last fall. The one on the left in the second pic is the recent find. The rest of the pics show the flake tools and hammerstone found. I'm getting ready to head out and try my luck again.

Attachments

• 8-30-10 insitu.jpg
    8-30-10 insitu.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 429
  • Stemmed pts.jpg
    Stemmed pts.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 427
  • 08-29-2010 - 08-31-2010.jpg
    08-29-2010 - 08-31-2010.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 440
  • Hammerstone.jpg
    Hammerstone.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 427
Upvote 0

jaron3

Jul 8, 2009
Very cool Rich! Glad to see that someone from the area is still out and about. I've had no time these last couple months. I also have a serrated point that is very similar to yours. Keep it up man. Looking good.

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
wow for nice
i like the 2nd image and the point on the right-what kind of material is that?
thanks
lars

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the orange and black on that second point. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
R

RichPA

Sep 21, 2009
Jaron, feel free to post a pic of your serrated point on this thread, since we hunt the same general area. Larson, I'm not sure of the material with the orange. I thought it may be an Upper Mercer variety but some have suggested Jasper. Jasper is out of distribution range for SWPA. Feel free to add your opinions on the material type. The point on the left may be made of local Uniontown Chert.

musky44

Jan 29, 2010
west viginia
nice finds, luv those serrated edges. that green and orange colored piece in the first pic is very cool. unique coloring

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Rich. Those serrated ones are mighty fine. Nice finds. I like the free ones best!! :laughing7:
Happy hunting
TnMtns

chrick53

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2009
Rich, where in Pa. are you hunting creeks? My husband and I have been hunting artifacts for many years but have only recently tried searching creeks without any luck other then keeping us cooler in the heat spell we've been having. Doesn't seem to be the amount of points that are found in the midwestern states in streams. We do pretty well in fields and have even tried hunting some streams that run near these fields but still no luck. Any suggestions?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions