Named "Freckles"

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
Named "Freckles"

Im not sure i posted this one up, my friends find, every time i go to his house i have to hold it, awesome color flint, and this is one of those points that make you think....... hmmmmm what is it????
it almost has a little stricking nipple at the base, and is ground nicely on both edges, awesome cute little point :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• 102_7892.JPG
    102_7892.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 426
  • 102_7893.JPG
    102_7893.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 433
  • 102_7891.JPG
    102_7891.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 420
  • 102_7889.JPG
    102_7889.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 421
  • 102_7890.JPG
    102_7890.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 423
Upvote 0

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Named "Freckles"

Looks like a possible Holland point. Nice piece and good flint. Where was it found?................Ask him if you can have it.........lol.............GTP............

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice looking piece. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used

Hey guys, thanks, it was found in New Mexico, im sure it has its own class, but as of right now we just dont have the resources to properly id it, if there is even a id for it. it reminds me of the other auriculate examples found out this way, a mystery :'(

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would attribute it to Holland or Stillwell..................my take on it........I know many styles out there resemble one another. It is funny how different regions of the country have different names for specific types but if you look at them closely they do resemble one another. Maybe with a slight variation but still the same. There are several examples but within the same family or style, but different names are given to them for region or town found in, or county. I think this creates confusion in the hobby as there are several "Similiar" examples, all with different names, but the same in make. Some are just improvements of the type, but given a different name. It should be the same name with all noted improvements and place of find....Anyway this is what i have noticed and I am wondering if anyone else agree's with my opinion................ :dontknow:...............................GTP :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used

i agree with you gtp, they made it so difficult. i did notice, but i may be wrong that on different sides of the coasts the carbon dating of the caves and hearths differs, with the same points found all over the usa

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice Chong! Was that a desert find? Petty cool dude :thumbsup:
TnMtns

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

chong2 said:
i agree with you gtp, they made it so difficult. i did notice, but i may be wrong that on different sides of the coasts the carbon dating of the caves and hearths differs, with the same points found all over the usa

That is why you guys find all the paleo's........You lack the year to year dropping of the foliage, that along with the dry climate makes perfect preservatioon of bone and wood artifacts. Here on the East coast we find our paleo's but not in the frequency that you guys find them out there. we have several thousands of years of foliage dropping and this along with the dense woods makes it difficult to un-earth good paleo sites. The only sites that have been found are new construction or existing farms. Other than that as they say in ebonics WE BE PHUCKED!!!,..........................lol...................You lucky dogs!!!........................GTP.........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions