Named "Freckles"
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Lindenmeier sEEker

Apr 2006
    El Paso, TX
    Flippin Stick n good luck :)
    121 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Named "Freckles"

Im not sure i posted this one up, my friends find, every time i go to his house i have to hold it, awesome color flint, and this is one of those points that make you think....... hmmmmm what is it?
    it almost has a little stricking nipple at the base, and is ground nicely on both edges, awesome cute little point
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102_7892.JPG 
Views:	410 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	445987   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102_7893.JPG 
Views:	417 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	445988   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102_7891.JPG 
Views:	403 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	445989   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102_7889.JPG 
Views:	404 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	445990   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102_7890.JPG 
Views:	406 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	445991  

http://www.miniclip.com/games/motherload/en/

us
    Mar 2009
    PA. NJ
    564 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Named "Freckles"

Looks like a possible Holland point. Nice piece and good flint. Where was it found?................Ask him if you can have it.........lol.............GTP............

us
    Apr 2008
    Southern Ohio
    6782 times
    Banner Finds (4)

I was thinking Holland as well. Very nice looking point.
    "Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends."

May 2005
    Maine
    Minelab Etrac Fisher F75 SE
    31 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Nice looking piece.

Lindenmeier sEEker

Apr 2006
    El Paso, TX
    121 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Hey guys, thanks, it was found in New Mexico, im sure it has its own class, but as of right now we just dont have the resources to properly id it, if there is even a id for it. it reminds me of the other auriculate examples found out this way, a mystery

us
    Mar 2009
    PA. NJ
    564 times

I would attribute it to Holland or Stillwell..................my take on it........I know many styles out there resemble one another. It is funny how different regions of the country have different names for specific types but if you look at them closely they do resemble one another. Maybe with a slight variation but still the same. There are several examples but within the same family or style, but different names are given to them for region or town found in, or county. I think this creates confusion in the hobby as there are several "Similiar" examples, all with different names, but the same in make. Some are just improvements of the type, but given a different name. It should be the same name with all noted improvements and place of find....Anyway this is what i have noticed and I am wondering if anyone else agree's with my opinion................ ...............................GTP

Lindenmeier sEEker

Apr 2006
    El Paso, TX
    121 times
    Banner Finds (2)

i agree with you gtp, they made it so difficult. i did notice, but i may be wrong that on different sides of the coasts the carbon dating of the caves and hearths differs, with the same points found all over the usa

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    9776 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Nice Chong! Was that a desert find? Petty cool dude
    TnMtns
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

us
    Mar 2009
    PA. NJ
    564 times

Quote Originally Posted by chong2
    i agree with you gtp, they made it so difficult. i did notice, but i may be wrong that on different sides of the coasts the carbon dating of the caves and hearths differs, with the same points found all over the usa
    That is why you guys find all the paleo's........You lack the year to year dropping of the foliage, that along with the dry climate makes perfect preservatioon of bone and wood artifacts. Here on the East coast we find our paleo's but not in the frequency that you guys find them out there. we have several thousands of years of foliage dropping and this along with the dense woods makes it difficult to un-earth good paleo sites. The only sites that have been found are new construction or existing farms. Other than that as they say in ebonics WE BE PHUCKED!!!,..........................lol.......... .........You lucky dogs!!!........................GTP.........

Sponsored Links